Sonos Arc - 5.0.2 Dolby Atmos soundbar

My arc says wm:1, and sub says wm:2 ?

1 Check Network Status via the Sonos App
No matter what device you control Sonos speakers from, information about all the Sonos speakers in your home will be displayed once you access the About My Sonos System section of the app. This means that checking your speaker status doesn't need to be done from multiple devices. Simply use whichever device you typically access the Sonos app with the most.
The About My Sonos System information panel will display all the information about your current setup. In terms of checking the network status of your Sonos speakers, there are a few codes to be aware of:
WM:0This speaker is currently wired.
WM:1This speaker is being used wirelessly.
WM:2This speaker is currently bonded as a surround speaker to another device.

I only have the Arc wired, everything else is wireless, however everything reads WM:0 on my set up, including the Sub which is linked to the Home Cinema group, along with the SL’s.

Yes you can, however I just couldn’t get mine to work properly with a Denon 2200W AVR and LG65CX.

The sound was a lot quieter when devices were plugged into the AVR ~ LG ~ Arc than plugging the devices directly into the TV then to the Arc. I messed around with the settings and couldn’t sort it. So gave up in the end. May be fine with a newer AVR but won’t bother as they only have one 2.1 HDMI output, when my TV has 4 x 2.1 HDMI inputs.

Thanks for the response :smashin:

If I ditch the AVR, what's going to be the best solution if I'm going to exceed the number of inputs on the TV?

Thanks for the response :smashin:

If I ditch the AVR, what's going to be the best solution if I'm going to exceed the number of inputs on the TV?

Try the Arc with your current AVR and TV and see how it sounds. What AVR and TV have you got, is it just arc or earc? Will you be next gen gaming?

Try the Arc with your current AVR and TV and see how it sounds. What AVR and TV have you got, is it just arc or earc? Will you be next gen gaming?

TV has earc - Sony KH9505, AVR is Denon AVR-X1600H. Will be next gen gaming.

One sure fire way to divorce, it only turned up on Saturday!

TV has earc - Sony KH9505, AVR is Denon AVR-X1600H. I will be next gen gaming

You should be good to go with that AVR, I guess the simplest thing would be to try it.

@rio1981 A quick Google tells me that TV doesn't support ALLM or VRR or have any specific HDMI 2.1 inputs for the higher bandwidth required for to get the most out of next gen, if that bothers you, as will still look great. So with that regard its pointless upgrading the AVR to one that has.

Last edited:
I only have the Arc wired, everything else is wireless, however everything reads WM:0 on my set up, including the Sub which is linked to the Home Cinema group, along with the SL’s.
Sonosnet is categorised as Wired. Intuitively you would think it’s a combination of both wired and wireless but there you go.

Sonosnet is categorised as Wired. Intuitively you would think it’s a combination of both wired and wireless but there you go.

Its obviously a combination of both, as only my Arc is wired. Only need one wired device to create the Sonosnet apparently.

Sub and 2 speakers now shipped.
Don't know if excited or sad as no arc till September :D:thumbsdow

Hook the sub and 2 x SL's and get the missus acclimatized to the bass :)

Odd issue last night. Lost the centre channel on Netflix so could only hear music on the program we started. Tried Prime, Disney - same. Then tried some 5.1 content on SkyQ, also same. Had to reboot the Arc and it magically came back.

Anyone else seen this? Tv is a LG B7, no settings had been changed and the fact that a Arc reboot seemed to solve it points the finger at a Sonos issue.

Sub and 2 speakers now shipped.
Don't know if excited or sad as no arc till September :D:thumbsdow
My Arc has shipped today, but ironically won’t be able to use it until a week Friday! 😭😭😂😂

Odd issue last night. Lost the centre channel on Netflix so could only hear music on the program we started. Tried Prime, Disney - same. Then tried some 5.1 content on SkyQ, also same. Had to reboot the Arc and it magically came back.

Anyone else seen this? Tv is a LG B7, no settings had been changed and the fact that a Arc reboot seemed to solve it points the finger at a Sonos issue.

Could just be a funky hdmi arc handshake issue, could have been the Sonos or the tv or even the cable.

Go cry into your 77 inch oled :p

Only joking, I'm waiting for a pixel 4a in October, hang on in there S8 :eek:
I have no 77" oled mate :rotfl:
I nearly bought a gx77 a while back but cancelled the order before it shipped as couldn't stomach the price and potential uniformity issues.
I will probably get a 77" oled around Black Friday but only if the prices drop a good amount and the uniformity of the large 77 panels gets much better.
The 3 x 77" CX 5% slides on the owners thread are some of the worst I have ever seen for banding and has put me right off it for now.
I have to keep 'slumming' it with my 65" c9 for now.

I have no 77" oled mate :rotfl:
I nearly bought a gx77 a while back but cancelled the order before it shipped as couldn't stomach the price and potential uniformity issues.
I will probably get a 77" oled around Black Friday but only if the prices drop a good amount and the uniformity of the large 77 panels gets much better.
The 3 x 77" CX 5% slides on the owners thread are some of the worst I have ever seen for banding and has put me right off it for now.
I have to keep 'slumming' it with my 65" c9 for now.

Who's got the 77inch oled then 🤔

That's @Chillie6 rubbing off on me :blush: I've aged and lost my memory :eek:

I do apologise, I didn't realise you had it so bad! A 65inch oled, that's positively tiny :rotfl:

Who's got the 77inch oled then 🤔

That's @Chillie6 rubbing off on me :blush: I've aged and lost my memory :eek:

I do apologise, I didn't realise you had it so bad! A 65inch oled, that's positively tiny :rotfl:
hah
Probably just mistook me when I said I'm wanting one.
My 65" c9 is a sweet tv, amazing for gaming. Paid under £1500 for it at the end of it's life cycle so don't have to baby it and constantly worry about burnin :)
If I don't get a 77" this year it's no problem for me.. no way I want one with potentially crap uniformity, My c9 has very very good uniformity.

A lot of people would kill for a 65" oled I know... But the wife has finally given the go ahead for a 77" so it's something to look forward to.. Just have to get the sleekest slimest flush to the wall one I can afford (If buying stuff on credit card means you can afford it lol )
Hopefully the GX 77 will tumble in price towards the end of the year.

In a perfect world Sony would pull their finger out and release the 77" a9h with hdmi 2.1 and flush mount and be a sensible price, ie: not remortgaging the house Sony style prices.

hah
Probably just mistook me when I said I'm wanting one.
My 65" c9 is a sweet tv, amazing for gaming. Paid under £1500 for it at the end of it's life cycle so don't have to baby it and constantly worry about burnin :)
If I don't get a 77" this year it's no problem for me.. no way I want one with potentially crap uniformity, My c9 has very very good uniformity.

A lot of people would kill for a 65" oled I know... But the wife has finally given the go ahead for a 77" so it's something to look forward to.. Just have to get the sleekest slimest flush to the wall one I can afford (If buying stuff on credit card means you can afford it lol )
Hopefully the GX 77 will tumble in price towards the end of the year.

In a perfect world Sony would pull their finger out and release the 77" a9h with hdmi 2.1 and flush mount and be a sensible price, ie: not remortgaging the house Sony style prices.

I'm probably going to go for a Sony but I suspect it will be an LCD tbh as I've been reminded how much sport I watch. I think I was watching sport some of Saturday, then Sunday 10am until 7pm :rotfl:

I think it is my one regret with the Arc because if I had gone for another system, I could be experiencing Atmos right now if I had a hdmi in. I don't really want a new TV, but I do want to extract everything out of the Arc I can. We'll see anyway. :)

I'm probably going to go for a Sony but I suspect it will be an LCD tbh as I've been reminded how much sport I watch. I think I was watching sport some of Saturday, then Sunday 10am until 7pm :rotfl:

I think it is my one regret with the Arc because if I had gone for another system, I could be experiencing Atmos right now if I had a hdmi in. I don't really want a new TV, but I do want to extract everything out of the Arc I can. We'll see anyway. :)
just have a good look on the Sony threads before buying mate.
The ag9 oled has had earc issues since last year, Sony won't admit it. Blame it on whatever soundbar / avr manufacturer.
Type a9g earc or ag9 earc into google and there's lots and lots of issues from posters on reddit and here.
sucks.. some people paid 8k for a 77" ag9.. I'd be super pis5ed if I had bought that Sony.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom