Sonos Arc - 5.0.2 Dolby Atmos soundbar

I watched this earlier, as I subscribed to his channel a while ago. He certainly finds a lot to dislike about something he likes a lot.

In my attempt to pass the time until my CX55 and Arc arrive I am basically reading or watching 1 review per night 😂😂😂

I watched this earlier, as I subscribed to his channel a while ago. He certainly finds a lot to dislike about something he likes a lot.
He loves it as I will love mine 😍
Can't believe how sold out arcs are (constantly) 😥

You old daredevil, you! 🤣🤣
When is it due to be delivered again? I take it they will send you a despatched email... I need to keep my eye on them coming back into stock so I can bag one.

When is it due to be delivered again? I take it they will send you a despatched email... I need to keep my eye on them coming back into stock so I can bag one.
Currently my order just says out of stock. But when I did manage to order it said expected to ship 14th August.

The thing I'm finding with the Arc Bundle reviews is they all say it sounds Amazing but gets marked down due to Bluetooth , single HDMI , and ideal need for Earc TV , for me none of that matters and it just sounds great.

Watched Terminator Dark Fate last night on iTunes, sounded brilliant (Even if it did pee on my childhood). The Arc with the sub and surrounds really came alive and put me in the film.

Agree with @Tegs200 apart from the treble issue and Bravia Sync compatibility with a HDMI switch I've found that the Arc like the Beam before it just works and sounds great with all content.

Loving my ARC, only slight issue I have is when changing from different hdmi devices or exiting apps back to TV tuner there is often no sound at all!

The only way to get audio is to switch to a different hdmi port and back again.

This happens quite a lot, unsure if its the ARC or the CX, presume its the eARC connection that is the issue.

I could try a different hdmi cable, does anyone use a different hdmi cable to the one sonos supply with the ARC?

Loving my ARC, only slight issue I have is when changing from different hdmi devices or exiting apps back to TV tuner there is often no sound at all!

This happens quite a lot, unsure if its the ARC or the CX, presume its the eARC connection that is the issue.

I could try a different hdmi cable, does anyone use a different hdmi cable to the one sonos supply with the ARC?
I use the Sonos supplied cable to connect to my E-ARC enabled Sony XG9505 and touchwood 🤞dont have any issues when changing between HDMI sources.

I've had this when using Firestick, only way to fix it for me is to go to Freeview and back. Doesn't seem to happen for virgin media and I don't think it's happened on Xbox. It seems to be from going into an app or exiting an app just makes the sound drop out.

I've had this when using Firestick, only way to fix it for me is to go to Freeview and back. Doesn't seem to happen for virgin media and I don't think it's happened on Xbox. It seems to be from going into an app or exiting an app just makes the sound drop out.

This is where I seem to get it happen the most, like exiting Netflix internal app, back to the tv tuner, just no sound at all, until I switch to a random hdmi port and back.

Do you have tv auto play switched on ?:)

Watched Terminator Dark Fate last night on iTunes, sounded brilliant (Even if it did pee on my childhood). The Arc with the sub and surrounds really came alive and put me in the film.

Agree with @Tegs200 apart from the treble issue and Bravia Sync compatibility with a HDMI switch I've found that the Arc like the Beam before it just works and sounds great with all content.
Does it still sound like too much treble or have you sorted this in settings?

Yes.

I just swapped out the sonos cable for another premium certified high speed cable I have, see if that does the trick.
Do you use normal arc or earc?

edit, never mind. You have a cx so I presume earc.

You aren't going to like mine, -3 Bass and -4 Sub level :rotfl:

I'm trying this for movies as anything in the + range is too much after some testing, that Peter Pee guy on youtube even has his dialled back even more.

Only thing is for music its quite weak for bass heavy stuff, I need to raise into + range for music.

Movie/Music presets please Sonos.

Last edited:
I'm trying this for movies as anything in the + range is too much after some testing, that Peter Pee guy on youtube even has his dialled back even more.

Only thing is for music its quite weak for bass heavy stuff, I need to raise into + range for music.

Movie/Music presets please Sonos.
Maybe start a request thread for that on the Sonos community forum mate? :)
also 2 custom settings would be nice.. Movies Custom & Music Custom
Doesn’t bother me too much as I don’t use it as my primary music source. :)

Watched Spenser Confidential this evening. At times the dialogue was shrill and hard to make out. Sound effects decent. No volume adjustment mid movie needed. Loudness off. Bass -2. Treble -6. Nightime off. Speech enhancement off. Arc plus Ones Truplayed.
anyone else experienced the movie?
Watched this comparing Netflix app build into my XF9005 and the Netflix app in my Xbox One S. Had no problems hearing the dialogue nor any shrillness. The audio from the Xbox was slightly louder than the built in app.
May be it was because the Xbox app was only 5.1, it doesn’t out put Dolby Atmos to my tv. Sonos settings Equaliser Bass +4 Treble -2, Sub +3, loudness on. :)

Watched this comparing Netflix app build into my XF9005 and the Netflix app in my Xbox One S. Had no problems hearing the dialogue nor any shrillness. The audio from the Xbox was slightly louder than the built in app.
May be it was because the Xbox app was only 5.1, it doesn’t out put Dolby Atmos to my tv. Sonos settings Equaliser Bass +4 Treble -2, Sub +3, loudness on. :)
I still experience some shrillness particularly with some female voices. Although this evening Ben Fogle sounded like a big girlie. I haven’t ruled out my hearing aid contributing to the situation. It apparently is tuned to boost higher frequencies and I don’t know if what I am hearing is natural. Not sure how to pinpoint the issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom