Sonos Arc - 5.0.2 Dolby Atmos soundbar

Why no try the dolby access app on the e9 mate, you could be testing it out by now?
Never used tidal so not sure.
It let's me download the files fine on my macbook using safari.

For example I click on the "pufferfish" download link and it opens this new page with the download link.

View attachment 1346506

Thanks and yes that's the one I've tried downloading, I did install the Dolby access app you recommended but it's limited content and it was only showing Dolby Plus like Netflix and not True HD like a Bluray...

Thanks and yes that's the one I've tried downloading, I did install the Dolby access app you recommended but it's limited content and it was only showing Dolby Plus like Netflix and not True HD like a Bluray...
Through internal apps like netflix etc it is always dolby plus atmos.
You will only get true hd uncompressed from blurays.

Through internal apps like netflix etc it is always dolby plus atmos.
You will only get true hd uncompressed from blurays.

Ok and thanks, will I get true uncompressed HD on a usb ?

Does the tv have to be capable of passing it through ? For example, my Sony XF9005 is capableof passing Dolby Digital +, but not uncompressed Dolby Atmos. :)

Does the tv have to be capable of passing it through ? For example, my Sony XF9005 is capableof passing Dolby Digital +, but not uncompressed Dolby Atmos. :)
Yes, if the TV can't pass through uncompressed audio then the Arc won't get it.

I've ripped a few Blu-ray's to 1:1 mkv copies and using my Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 I was able to pass through full lossless audio through my XG9505 to the Arc.

I tried passing Dolby MAT (iTunes Atmos container) through my Sony XF9005 and only got stereo out of the Arc.

+4 bass and +2 Sub level. Perfect.

Sub set up, tried the same settings and it sounds sweet!

I have mine laying horizontal under my seating position and with bass heavy content you can feel the bass!
Music sounds really good as well.

What treble do you use? mine is at -2.

Also would using the night listening mode really suppress the sub, or is it best to turn off altogether at night when I don't want to disturb anyone, I normally watch at low volume with night mode on, if its late.

Sub set up, tried the same settings and it sounds sweet!

I have mine laying horizontal under my seating position and with bass heavy content you can feel the bass!
Music sounds really good as well.

What treble do you use? mine is at -2.

Also would using the night listening mode really suppress the sub, or is it best to turn off altogether at night when I don't want to disturb anyone, I normally watch at low volume with night mode on, if its late.
I have my treble set at -2 also. I usually just engage night listening if watching when every one is in bed. :thumbsup:

I do wonder if my sub would be better just behind the sofa, puts it further away from the neighbour and closer to my listening/seating position.

It's whether I can get permission to move it 🤔

I do wonder if my sub would be better just behind the sofa, puts it further away from the neighbour and closer to my listening/seating position.

:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow And I thought you were a real man :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have you thought about trying Arcs as surrounds also? :p

seriously though, interested to see how it compares, if it feels a bit localised or not.
:love:

Doesn't sound localised for me having it flat at back of room, I think having it hidden is better as well.
Good stuff :)
I planned on having it at the side of my couch, Would love it behind and centre but no room as couch only a few inches from the wall..

Out if interest, for people with the rear speaker setups, do you have them just at each side of the couch and pointing forwards to the tv? or do you angle them towards seating position?
Sonos promotional pics or people posting their setup on say reddit, they all seem to have them just pointing forwards.. Surely be a bit better pointing to the user? more like side speakers.?

I am intrigued, I have a perfect spot for it, trouble is it's where a table is with fancy pretty crap on...hmmm
Could it slip under the table? I thought about maybe making an oak side table to sit over the sub.

I planned on having it at the side of my couch, Would love it behind and centre but no room as couch only a few inches from the wall..

Out if interest, for people with the rear speaker setups, do you have them just at each side of the couch and pointing forwards to the tv? or do you angle them towards seating position?
Sonos promotional pics or people posting their setup on say reddit, they all seem to have them just pointing forwards.. Surely be a bit better pointing to the user? more like side speakers.?

Yes point them towards your position. I tried them more forwards but it's a better affect pointing towards my position

Angle the surrounds a little bit towards your sitting position, at around ear lever. Works a treat.

Angle the surrounds a little bit towards your sitting position, at around ear lever. Works a treat.

Thanks mate

I shall do :thumbsup:
I guess all the promotional shot with the speakers pointing forward just look better for the adverts.. Kinda like how none of it is ever plugged in so not a wire to be seen.. unlike the back of @HaRd2BeAr's couch :rolleyes: :laugh:

Thanks mate

I shall do :thumbsup:
I guess all the promotional shot with the speakers pointing forward just look better for the adverts.. Kinda like how none of it is ever plugged in so not a wire to be seen.. unlike the back of @HaRd2BeAr's couch :rolleyes: :laugh:

Excuse me, It wasn't easy making all the cables show like that you know, took a lot of effort actually :p

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom