Sonos Arc - 5.0.2 Dolby Atmos soundbar

I have been playing with the settings whilst listening to music on the whole surround system and it actually sounded very good indeed, setting the surround setting to -5 as suggested earlier in the thread.

I haven’t unboxed the Five yet to try it but if it doesn’t blow me away and is vastly better than the Arc, sub and surrounds I will likely return it. We’ll see.

I've a Beam, One and Play:3 upstairs and I use them daily to blast music (WFH covid19 ballix), the real game changer in sound for me is the sub. It just completes it, its absolutely amazing difference the Sub makes

I'd be keen to hear what you think of the Play:5 v Play:5 & Sub combo

Damn, I am sorry to say that the Five is sooooo much clearer and crisper sounding than listening through the the Arc, SL’s and sub. So much so I think I will keep it and probably end up getting another to pair. My missus is going to kill me.

Damn, I am sorry to say that the Five is sooooo much clearer and crisper sounding than listening through the the Arc, SL’s and sub. So much so I think I will keep it and probably end up getting another to pair. My missus is going to kill me.
I’m not surprised. The Arc is surprisingly poor with music.

I really hope they allow simple joining of the amp with another set of speakers.

:laugh::D
Yeah I was about to say lol.
Haven't heard the arc setup yet but the sonos 5 sounds amazing, Very loud without distortion.. And that's a single one, would be amazing with 2 of them paired up. :thumbsup:

then maybe add a sub also?

I ain’t buying another bloody sub....

or should I 🤔😀

I ain’t buying another bloody sub....

or should I 🤔😀
A5E5CBF4-BEBC-4D28-9391-EBB960D854C4.jpeg

I was hoping to get rid of my hifi speakers and just use the Arc for both music and movies. No chance of that.
I bought mine specifically for its home theatre aspects. I find it reasonably good on music, but I haven’t tried any high quality formats, just streamed from iTunes. I don’t listen to a lot of music through speakers (mainly use headphones). For casual listening it’s fine. Have you already tried one with music?
Interestingly the music in films comes across really well. :)

I bought mine specifically for its home theatre aspects. I find it reasonably good on music, but I haven’t tried any high quality formats, just streamed from iTunes. I don’t listen to a lot of music through speakers (mainly use headphones). For casual listening it’s fine. Have you already tried one with music?

This is exactly me as well, I only listen to music occasionally, and sometimes just use my headphones anyway.
I have a HomePod in my room which hardly gets used, so I have decided to get the Sub and move the HomePod elsewhere, then the ARC and Sub can be used for the little music listening I do.

The short piece of piano music in A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood struck me as lovely and I would not be easily struck.

White Lies - time to give. This sounds terrific when used in episode 5 of defending Jacob on Apple TV+. Much better than listening on Spotify!

Wife spotted the Five after about half an hour last night. “What’s that!”, “It’s a speaker” I replied, “not sure if I will keep it yet”.

I am 100% keeping it.

Wife spotted the Five after about half an hour last night. “What’s that!”, “It’s a speaker” I replied, “not sure if I will keep it yet”.

I am 100% keeping it.
You would think she would know by now what it is. You have plenty.

I’m thinking of ordering the Sub to go with my Arc when that arrives. I’m sure I’ll end up getting it anyway, and may be easier to have it all ready to place in new living room, rather than trying to convince the wife that I need to add it in a month or two!

Do it. You’ll regret not doing so, the Arc is good for bass but the subwoofer takes it to another level. :thumbsup:

I’m thinking of ordering the Sub to go with my Arc when that arrives. I’m sure I’ll end up getting it anyway, and may be easier to have it all ready to place in new living room, rather than trying to convince the wife that I need to add it in a month or two!
Well that didn't take long :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :love:
did you order the rear speakers mate? if not, best do :D

It doesn't look out of place.
15963690898611857711281598376653.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom