Sonos Arc - 5.0.2 Dolby Atmos soundbar

Scott, thanks for the reply. Well that’s hugely disappointing, because I certainly can’t afford a new tv and soundbar at the moment. Will have to do without.
Hi mate, just to add some balance, Atmos is only part of the story, a vast amount of content is still in DD 5.1 and sounds excellent, even improvements over the inbuilt tv speakers are good, naturally got to balance that over cost for yourself, but for me personally, non Atmos content I’ve watched probably overweighs atmos at the moment.

wanted to ask, if tv does not have earc - no atmos, what it really means? so upward firing speakers are not used? I know it si 5.0 soundbar - 2 stereo channels, 1 central and 2 atmos upward firing? so, when no atmos support due to lacking earc, it is playing as standard 3.0?
If your tv can output Dolby digital + then it can out put Atmos.:)

and one more question, anyone with B8 or C8 and sonos afc? any issues? lipsync, etc...

Hi mate, just to add some balance, Atmos is only part of the story, a vast amount of content is still in DD 5.1 and sounds excellent, even improvements over the inbuilt tv speakers are good, naturally got to balance that over cost for yourself, but for me personally, non Atmos content I’ve watched probably overweighs atmos at the moment.
Appreciate that, Thankyou.

Anyone with a C9, Apple TV internal app been updated to support ATMOS, just tested an ARC reporting it.

Anyone with a C9, Apple TV internal app been updated to support ATMOS, just tested an ARC reporting it.
Hi. Cheers for heads up, just updated and Yep, Atmos being reported ((DD+) great news. Still on fence about removing ATV unit totally but it’s great this has finally updated!:clap:

and one more question, anyone with B8 or C8 and sonos afc? any issues? lipsync, etc...
I have a B8 and don't usually notice any lip sync issues. Some poor channels in SD sometimes its fractionally out but not to noticeable.

wanted to ask, if tv does not have earc - no atmos, what it really means? so upward firing speakers are not used? I know it si 5.0 soundbar - 2 stereo channels, 1 central and 2 atmos upward firing? so, when no atmos support due to lacking earc, it is playing as standard 3.0?

Upward firing speakers get used for something else, not sure if it's bass or mids/highs, the end speakers are still used for surround affects so it's still technically a 5.0 bar.

Sorry to be that guy as I could probably google this.

As mentioned before, will probably get an Arc for the garden room when its done and use a pair of my older play 1’s as surrounds.

When the 1’s are used as surrounds can they still be used as a stereo pair for music without having to reconfig?

Sorry to be that guy as I could probably google this.

As mentioned before, will probably get an Arc for the garden room when its done and use a pair of my older play 1’s as surrounds.

When the 1’s are used as surrounds can they still be used as a stereo pair for music without having to reconfig?

You can't unpair them once they are being used as rears but in the app you can have them set to full for music meaning they play the same as the bar, then you can put them from 0 to +15 bias, i have mine on +10 and can't really hear the bar anymore

Hi. Cheers for heads up, just updated and Yep, Atmos being reported ((DD+) great news. Still on fence about removing ATV unit totally but it’s great this has finally updated!:clap:

Very much wondering the same..

I have a C9 with the whole variety of apps, and a Nvidia Shield TV.
My ATV4K hasn't been on for a while, but still... i'm not sure i should get rid of it or not.

Let battle commence.

1593526734613.png

My Arc has just been marked as shipped so I might be able to inbox my Sub and one's in a few days lol

I'm still struggling with the bass from the sub, watching Mad Max and it just thunders! I currently have it on - 4 but may need to take it further :eek:

Anyone else find the sub has a bit too much kick? I really don't want to take it too low if I can help it.

Completely the opposite with my Sub 3 - have to have it +3 before I can hear it and that’s in a small room 3.5m x 4.5m that’s why it went back.

if You like to listen loud then it kicks but at regular tv volume or evenings I couldn’t get the value out of mine

Completely the opposite with my Sub 3 - have to have it +3 before I can hear it and that’s in a small room 3.5m x 4.5m that’s why it went back.

if You like to listen loud then it kicks but at regular tv volume or evenings I couldn’t get the value out of mine

I think that's slightly bigger than our room. It just goes to show how room dimensions etc play a massive part! I now have it at -5 and I'm more happy with how it sounds now.

I think it will depend on the source too. I find ATV4K sound completely different to a full lossless bluray in terms of the sound overall, only way I can describe it is the range. (Wrong terminology i know)

I do love how tight and punchy this sub sounds.

Does anyone have this linked up to an LG B8? I have mine on the way but have heard a few people say they have lip sync issues with this TV.

Hi
I have just ordered this can anyone recommend a good 4 hdmi switch box
Thanks

Moved the room the Arc, Sub & Play:1 rears where in, then True Played it again - my god it’s like night and day on sound performance.

Does anyone have white Arc and bias lighting on their tv? does the white reflect the bias light or a distraction?
Black may be too heavy against my light wall - beam is fine in black but Arc is sooo big

Does anyone have white Arc and bias lighting on their tv? does the white reflect the bias light or a distraction?
Black may be too heavy against my light wall - beam is fine in black but Arc is sooo big

I have bias lighting on the TV stand and it doesn't seem to cause reflections. I'll look if I have a picture

Edit: Not the best picture but I think it looks nice.

20200630_225419.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom