Sonos Arc - 5.0.2 Dolby Atmos soundbar

Is that why the mount is £69 :(

Yes, that and probably a lot of marketing bull!

And that comes from someone that has 2 or order! I’m sure they do something but very steep price That added another £140 to an already expensive month.

Had to convert them into wife currency and told her the Arc uses the same mount as the Playbar :blush:

So Sonos recommends wall mounting the Arc, with 10cm free space underneath the TV. For me that means the Arc would float roughly 3-4 cm above my bench, ie I might as well just rest it on the bench instead for height-reasons. What other benefits may come from wall mounting? Sonos says the arc will feel that it’s wall mounted and adapt.. whatever that means?

Here you go, here is the official blurb...
B7B37347-6D0D-4AC9-B344-E6B2C0D17621.png

So Sonos recommends wall mounting the Arc, with 10cm free space underneath the TV. For me that means the Arc would float roughly 3-4 cm above my bench, ie I might as well just rest it on the bench instead for height-reasons. What other benefits may come from wall mounting? Sonos says the arc will feel that it’s wall mounted and adapt.. whatever that means?

I'm in the same situation, the Arc will be about 5cm above the credenza, 10cm under tv.

Don't think there will be much benefit sound wise, biggest advantage for me is cable-management. Because all cables will be in the wall.

According to Sonos, it means that the official Arc mount will recognise that it is wall mounted and adjust the bass accordingly so to reduce in any vibrations In your walls. (neighbour friendly)
Though if you have the Sub I’m not sure that is an issue.

I'd still wall mount it, unless you're prepared to place the arc at the very edge of the tv unit, which doesn't look great (visible wires). Having it set back will reflect all of the front drivers, not good. Mine will be about 4 inches above tv unit and then another 4 inched to tv. I could raise the tv but I HATE i high tv!

Yes, that and probably a lot of marketing bull!

And that comes from someone that has 2 or order! I’m sure they do something but very steep price That added another £140 to an already expensive month.

Had to convert them into wife currency and told her the Arc uses the same mount as the Playbar :blush:
As someone who bought two official Beam mounts for £59 each I feel your pain.

As someone who bought two official Beam mounts for £59 each I feel your pain.

Actually that reminds me, I bought and an official beam mount form Sonos for my office and a nonofficial mount from Amazon for my sons Beam for £29.
Although it was a saving and looks fine, the beam doesn’t sit as flat on it. so although they do charge a premium for their mounts, I would much rather stick to the official ones, magnets or not!

No option for me with the Arcs as don’t have any TVcabinets, besides, I like a good mount. (And queue @HaRd2BeAr)

I'd still wall mount it, unless you're prepared to place the arc at the very edge of the tv unit, which doesn't look great (visible wires). Having it set back will reflect all of the front drivers, not good. Mine will be about 4 inches above tv unit and then another 4 inched to tv. I could raise the tv but I HATE i high tv!

Really, this is a thing? My Beam is a good 2 inches away from the wall. And surely wall mounted it's even closer to the wall so will reflect more?

Reducing bass doesn’t sound appealing to me as I don’t have the sub. But that just doesn’t sound right, that Sonos would reduce the experience by placing it as recommended.

I’m confused

True Atmos?

It'll be Atmos as in it can decode Atmos and play it back via dedicated speakers, which because its a soundbar are upfiring (Located in the bar).

The rears with my Beam give me the rear surrounds sounds, I believe the Arc with rears will do the same, without rear speakers the Arc uses side firing speakers in the bar for these channels. How that will sound I'll let you know in a week :D

And me lol as I've also preorderd , I just wanted to know if the rears added anything as it's still 5.1 2 without them.

Pair of Ones rears are surprisingly busy when used with a Beam and make a big difference. ...did try with a pair of 3's on the rear and that was real overkill. A rear pair make a huge difference to the sound separation... problem is you'll then be curious as to what the Sub can add :)

Pair of Ones rears are surprisingly busy when used with a Beam and make a big difference. ...did try with a pair of 3's on the rear and that was real overkill.

Yeah, it's why I avoided going for 5's! The 1's are great.

Talking about wall mounting... The things I do for this soundbar.... It better be an awesome one 😁

image.jpg

(glad my other half isn't at home at the moment..)

Looking at purchasing a new TV (Samsung Q90R or LG C9) and soundbar for the TV room. Whats really putting me off the Arc is the lack of HDMI inputs. The two TVs mentioned above plus a lot of other high end TVs all have terrible lip-sync issues when using ARC/eARC. Anyone else concerned that PCM will be the only usable audio format?

Looking at purchasing a new TV (Samsung Q90R or LG C9) and soundbar for the TV room. Whats really putting me off the Arc is the lack of HDMI inputs. The two TVs mentioned above plus a lot of other high end TVs all have terrible lip-sync issues when using ARC/eARC. Anyone else concerned that PCM will be the only usable audio format?

Never had any issues with 3 beams all connected via arc into 2Xsony and 1x Samsung TVs

Never had any issues with 3 beams all connected via arc into 2Xsony and 1x Samsung TVs
LG are know for lip sync issues, but there are settings in the Sonos app to adjust. Incidentally, no problems at all with my Sony AF8 with Sonos AMP (now returned for Arc!)

Reducing bass doesn’t sound appealing to me as I don’t have the sub. But that just doesn’t sound right, that Sonos would reduce the experience by placing it as recommended.

I’m confused

The good news is you've 180 days to decide if it's for you, or save for a sub!

LG are know for lip sync issues, but there are settings in the Sonos app to adjust. Incidentally, no problems at all with my Sony AF8 with Sonos AMP (now returned for Arc!)
Those setting do nothing to help.

This is my only worry over the Arc and I'm hoping that the eARC connection means it won't be a problem. My C9 is currently connected to a Playbar via optical but I had to add an optical switch into the line to get it right (even though it essentially goes straight through the switch!).

Will be going back very quickly if it has lip-sync issues but I remain positive :)

Interestingly the UK site says 19th for the black one and still the 10th for the white on new orders,so stock must be fluctuating a bit, hopefully mine gets processed soon, need to decide between the Q90T & C9 I have before it arrives.

I know o put a thread up but how will this stack up ageing the LG sn11 for everyday viewing.....

Mine is still showing Temporary out of stock. I can wait no rush.

Mine is now on dispatch acknowledged and processing

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom