Sonos Arc - 5.0.2 Dolby Atmos soundbar

Tegs200

Can the Arc do 7.1.2 ? And has anyone added Ceiling speakers?

gunner84

Distinguished Member
Is Apple Music implemented better now with the Sonos speakers, not tried music yet but on my old play 1s, I have to use Sonos app to play music from Apple.

Wondering if I can use the Apple Music app now?

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Is Apple Music implemented better now with the Sonos speakers, not tried music yet but on my old play 1s, I have to use Sonos app to play music from Apple.

Wondering if I can use the Apple Music app now?
I guess you could avoid the sonos app if you airplay2 the music from your device to the sonos?

Dan Walton

Sort of relevant to the the thread... my Bravia has been plying up a bit since booking it up to the Arc.
Basically, with my old Sony all in one Blu Ray 5.1 thing, I pressed home on the Sky remote and it turned everything on (until the all in one stopped working properly).
Now with the Arc, not only do I have to press the standby button on the Sky remote to wake the TV, but it goes through a full power up, displaying the Sony and Android logos... any ideas why!?

MadManMarcus

Ah well no major rush for me tbh.
I imagine now it will be a completely newer batch of arcs on the way to them.. someone a few posts back said they just received a backordered arc and it was a may build.

also gives them time so hopefully add lpcm as I'm really going to need that for my atv4k..

side note... does the LG C9 output full Atmos from internal apps, Netflix etc? Do the internal also apps support earc? Really don't want lip sync issues.
Only lossy DD+ Atmos from the internal apps. No lip sync issues at all though

gunner84

Distinguished Member
I guess you could avoid the sonos app if you airplay2 the music from your device to the sonos?
Yes, cheers. Forgot about that. Although I wonder if there is a difference in sound quality with using airplay vs sonos app.

I think once I get the sub I may use the ARC for music as well, providing it sounds ok. I have a apple HomePod but I can move that elsewhere.

Last edited:

gunner84

Distinguished Member
Ok before I buy the sub, I just need reassuring that its not going to be a nuisance for neighbours :laugh:

Can I control the bass quite well with the EQ and things like night mode without it being too loud for other people?

I had a Yamaha ysp2700 before that had a sub, but I think it was more for the mids rather than primarily for bass.

mudshark

Distinguished Member
Ok before I buy the sub, I just need reassuring that its not going to be a nuisance for neighbours :laugh:

Can I control the bass quite well with the EQ and things like night mode without it being too loud for other people?

I had a Yamaha ysp2700 before that had a sub, but I think it was more for the mids rather than primarily for bass.
Yes mate, you can slide the sub volume up and down with the app and night mode will lessen the impact of the sub too.

mudshark

Distinguished Member

As I have said before and some may disagree but for me the Sub makes such a massive difference and is such an integral part of the overall experience. Sure it’s expensive but that’s Sonos but find a 30% or 20% off code and it makes the cost more digestible.

Go for it, you will love it. If not send it back.

gunner84

Distinguished Member
As I have said before and some may disagree but for me the Sub makes such a massive difference and is such an integral part of the overall experience. Sure it’s expensive but that’s Sonos but find a 30% or 20% off code and it makes the cost more digestible.

You tried music on it, Im kind of hoping It sounds good for music with the sub added, that way I can move my HomePod.

Also is it possible to remove sonos speakers from account/app.

Tim7

Where can you find a code that works?

gunner84

Distinguished Member
It looks like I can't remove a speaker from my account until its registered on someone else's.

I guess if I just turn the speaker off it will remove it from the controller though, which is good enough.

Tegs200

Thats a tough one, they may allow you to add more speakers using the amp but god knows if they would be discreet channels.
Ok what would happen if they bring out rear upfiring speakers you could replace the ones with ?

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Wouldn't that then be 5.1.4?
I reckon they will take out some up firing speakers at some point, lots of people asking for them.
Easy sell for them, just need to remortgage the house to buy them :thumbsup:

Tegs200

Ok so I tried Fury Road Bluray in full True HD for the first time today with my Sonos Bundle and it blew me away , absolutely amazing for a Soundbar and definetly superior to what I've been watching on Netflix.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.

Trending threads

Latest News

Linn announces Majik DSM digital streamer upgrade
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony announces WH-1000XM4 noise cancelling headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
McIntosh launches C22 Mk V preamp and MC1502 power amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Marantz unveils 12 Series Special Edition models