Sonos 5 speaker - release date 10th June - Who's buying one?

bobbaray

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting to push the button to get a new speaker for the kitchen diner.

Was holding out for the replacement for the Play 5, its now here in the Sonos 5

Has anyone preordered yet?

Yes, ordered today.

Have an old ZP100 driving some bookshelf speakers that it will replace. Since they changed the trade up offer so I can get 30% (£150) off as well as selling the old, working unit on it‘s enough to open my wallet for a new one. Was impressed with previous Play:5s I’ve heard to a minor internal update is fine with me.

Just preordered a Five last night - can't really go wrong with the discount and freedom to dispose of the old kit (ZP100 with floor mounted speakers), as the old model seemed to keep its value well. I currently am making do with a Play:1 and need something with a bit of beef to fill a larger room and this should do nicely.

Have read conflicting reports on the update, with most claiming identical performance, but one review states a definite sound improvement.

Will no doubt report back once it arrives and let you know what I think!

Got my play 5 gen 2 in the kitchen - great kitchen speaker. Spotify connect straight to it most of the time and the kids love picking songs using Alexa. Everyone’s happy!

Upgrading form Gen1 5 to the Five - always found the G1 5 a little tinny so have high hopes for the replacement Even if it’s same sound as the G2 5.

Has anyone preordered a white Five prior to the date has slipping to 29th? Any movement on your order.

Last edited:
Has anyone preordered a white Five prior to the date has slipping to 29th? Any movement on your order.

I'm expecting delivery on wednesday 10th

I brought mine though smarhomesound - 6 year warranty they sent me a code for £10 off - PX10

code still works

On its way.
Struggling to get too excited though, yes its replacing Gen 1 however disappointed that audio isn't improved over the 5year old Gen 2.

I ordered the five, was expecting it to be shipped today if not before, so far I've had no update! I just logged into my account and spoted on the front page it now says five ships 24th July not 10th June as it said previously and up untilyesterday. My order now say "Temporarily out of stock", so not happy at the moment, mainly due to zero updates, let's hope I get an update today with the status..

I ordered the five, was expecting it to be shipped today if not before, so far I've had no update! I just logged into my account and spoted on the front page it now says five ships 24th July not 10th June as it said previously and up untilyesterday. My order now say "Temporarily out of stock", so not happy at the moment, mainly due to zero updates, let's hope I get an update today with the status..

Thats terrible customer service, where did you order it from?

I brought mine from SmartHomeSoun, it arrived this morning .

Can you cancel your original order and reorder through them, they also offer an addition one year warranty over sonos direct

No affiliation to the company of course

Shows in stock.

Thats terrible customer service, where did you order it from?

I brought mine from SmartHomeSoun, it arrived this morning .

Can you cancel your original order and reorder through them, they also offer an addition one year warranty over sonos direct

No affiliation to the company of course

Shows in stock.
It was direct from Sonos, do they also offer an upgrade discount like Sonos? :)

It was direct from Sonos, do they also offer an upgrade discount like Sonos? :)

:rotfl: no, it did not apply to me as this is my first Sonos product,

I just liked it as it was all white, needed something very discreet to blend into the white walls in the kitchen.

I will say (if anyone is interested) it does not yet support HiRes steaming from Tidal out of the box. I think this will come as a firmware update at some point

Last edited:
Looks so much better than the black grill on the Gen2
2FECA6E9-90D7-4053-9FB4-C9AD07A1A103.jpeg

Last edited:
You guys must be tall if your ears are that high?!?!? :)

... still waiting for DHL (ordered from Sonos using trade up 13/05)

Nice kitchen unit BTW!

... still waiting for DHL (ordered from Sonos using trade up 13/05)

Nice kitchen unit BTW!

Thanks, kitchen is very minimalist... hate clutter. That’s why I was waiting to the white 5. I was initially going to put in ceiling speakers but it would have been a right ball ache

fingers crossed yours will arrive soon 👍🏾

I thought it was a photo from the Sonos website until I read your post. Nicely coordinated with chairs and lampshade

First world issues hey!! :)

I have been waiting to push the button to get a new speaker for the kitchen diner.

Was holding out for the replacement for the Play 5, its now here in the Sonos 5

Has anyone preordered yet?

Yes used trade up discount on my black Gen 1 Play 5 to buy a white Five. Pre-ordered on 29th May. Expected date went from 10th June to 21st June to 24th July, but order status today states "Processing"/ "Dispatch Acknowldged" now. Hoping for a reasonable upstick in sound quality. Sonos Port took just 3 days to be delivered.

Yes very disappointed in S2 functionality so far. So much hype leading up to it. I have read elsewhere that Qobuz is partnering to deliver Hi-res music to sonos, whatever that might be, probably just 24-bit-48KHz like their current software does with a NAS..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom