• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sonix7 mp3 player - too good to be true??

wj209980

Standard Member
I am looking for an mp3 player with approx 8gb capacity. I stumbled acroos this site:

sonix7.com

It is a blatant Ipod rip off - they have a Nano rip-off and a Touch rip-off. Would anybody recommend getting one of these? Can't find any reviews about then anywhere.

But £59.99 for what is effectively an 8gb Ipod Nano looks tempting (I am anti I-tunes by the way, so the fact this device is simply drag and drop for MP3s is fine with me).

You apparantly get a USB mains convertor with it so you can charge it by the mains as well as USB, and it also has a voice recorder, FM radio and text radio capabilities.

Only thing stopping me is whether this is actually legit! Seems to be quite new on the market (and I can't see it statying around long if Apple have anything to do with it lol!)

Astraeus

Quite a professional website but the problem with many of these backwards-engineered devices comes in the performance - there is little doubt that these will fall short of the iPod in terms of sound quality and, given the iPod's performance, that's saying something of detriment to these Sonix7 units. Other factors like battery life and issues arising from using less expensive components also arise. Having had no personal experience of this company, though, I'm reluctant to state categorically that any of these factors affect the units.

wj209980

Standard Member
Quite a professional website but the problem with many of these backwards-engineered devices comes in the performance - there is little doubt that these will fall short of the iPod in terms of sound quality and, given the iPod's performance, that's saying something of detriment to these Sonix7 units. Other factors like battery life and issues arising from using less expensive components also arise. Having had no personal experience of this company, though, I'm reluctant to state categorically that any of these factors affect the units.

Thanks for the advice!

I'm temtped to just pay the extra and get an 80gb iPod Classic (despite that fact I have always been anti-iPod lol!)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom