Sonix LCD TV Problem

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by rsturbo_h, Oct 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. rsturbo_h

rsturbo_h

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i've had a sonix 26" tv for about 6 months now and every thing has been fine, but just recently the screen has been going funny. what i mean is when there is a shadow cast or a bright colour, that part gets black lines through it. i've tried messing around with the contrast and brightness and ensured all the cables are in correctly but it is still there.
    has anyone got any ideas to what these black lines could be?
    :lease:

2. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,787
    don't bother yourself trying to find out.
    Box it up, take it back, say you are getting strange lines all over the picture, and they will happily give you a full refund without a seconds thought.

Then buy a proper set

(I like hundreds of others it seem was in the same boat as you...)

3. rydeboy

rydeboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my sonix 26" from Sainsbury in March 2005. I have been impressed with the value for money features of the set, apart from a lack of on/off button. However in the last three weeks the picture quality has become very tempremental. Yes I've got plenty of horizontal distortion and the black lines, but the sound quality is unaffected and perfect! After much messing around with changing leads, having the Sky box checked the picture viewing experience is unwatchable. So mine is back to Sainsbury tonight. Looks like mine could have been a good one to last this long!