1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonix 26" LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by roddersmg, Aug 17, 2005.

1. roddersmg

roddersmg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seen a few posts on this TV, £499.0 from Sainsburys, however cannot find any specs. or a www for Sonix. Please advise if anyone has a review or personal experience of this TV. Also as I live in Bromley, Kent can anyone tell me where I can see one at a local store. Finding this TV buying a minefield, like many others ,my TV diet is 90% Freeview, no Sky, rare DVD movie. Should it be a Toshiba 27WL56, Sharp 26P50E, Sony KLV-27???, Acer 26", JVC 26", the list goes on. Any recommendations would be great.

2. dsb

dsb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    had one, it was absolutely horrible - i'm sure it must have had some kind of defect given other peoples positive reviews.
    replaced with a sharp (not a P series though - a hi def one) and it a totally different experience.

3. Bilbob

Bilbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Firstly, (and this is not soley addressed at the OP..) use the search!! Nearly every day, someone pops up and asks a question that has been addressed before, and not necessarily weeks before, but more often than not, on the next page!

There is a MASSIVE thread on the sonix, with more detail that you need, or indeed, want, probably!

As for which tv, for a little more, the Tosh is an excellent buy, as long as you don't want to use a pc on it. It WILL work, but not PROPERLY, again, there are many threads on this subject. But as a TV, it's excellent, sound quality, picture etc, very very good. And yes, I do have one!

4. roddersmg

roddersmg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Bilbob, how does the Toshiba deal with the 'digital blocking' on Freeview?

5. Bilbob

Bilbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    The thing is, with any digital tv feed, the quality varies. Sky and freeview are the same in that they both broadcast channels with different bit rates, hence some are blockier than others. On some channels, it will look like crap, but on others, (mainly the 'biggies' bbc1, itv etc) it will look fine. Don't get an LCD panel and expect any current tv broadcasts to look fantastic, in my opinion, none look better on LCD than on a good crt.
    Overall, I'm very happy with the Tosh (it's still goingback though, in light of the PC issue it has), I've gone through quite a few LCD's so far (mainly the cheaper ones, and yes, I did have a sonix, it sucked!) and the tosh is a complete step apart.

6. SamirP

SamirP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32

Hi Roddersmg
    You can see the Sonix instore at Sainsburys Sava Center in Lower Sydenham SE23 :)

7. stuartcliff

stuartcliff
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the sonix and I loved it - until I found audio delays with certain dvds and a tearing of the colours. Returned it and got the Dual from Asda - a far superior tv. Better picture, sound, build quality and features. Hasn't got component in but a Vdigi adaptor sorted that out.