Sonim XP1 roaming....

A

adodsk

Hi,

Being a relative novice with mobiles I hope someone can help.

I bought an XP1 for when i'm roughing it and put my Vodafone SIM into it. It seems to work fine when i'm at home (Ireland), but last weekend I was over in the UK and even though it could read the SIM I wasn't able to dial or text. Roaming is enabled on my account. A mate stuck his SIM in and it worked fine and my Sim works fine in my old phone.

Is the problem with my SIM or the new phone?

D

dwlu

Hi adodsk

Correct me if I'm wrong but I assume you're a customer with Vodafone Ireland.

It sounds as though roaming has been enabled on your account although your International call bar hasn't been removed.

The roaming bar allows you to pick up the network abroad but you have to have your International call bar removed in order to make calls or send text messages.

I'd contact Vodafone Ireland and ask them to check this for you as there's no reason it'd be related to your phone.

dwlu
Vodafone UK

A

adodsk

Contacted Vodafone who were clueless as to why it wasn't working. They didn't say I was barred as I think that was the first thing they checked - although you never know.

It's infuriating - I can stand near the Ireland / UK border and pick up both Vodafone IRL and Vodafone UK but i'm unable to use the phone if I switch to the UK network.

Going on holiday to Switzerland tomorrow and all Vodafone could suggest is that I bring both my old and new phones and phone their Irish number from there so they can try to fix the problem. :mad::mad::mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom