1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SonicStage3 Questions

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by GrooveyTunez, Jun 20, 2005.

1. GrooveyTunez

GrooveyTunez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

Just got my nw-hd5, loving it so far. Not really had the problems that ive heard so much about with sonicstage.
    However i have just imported CD1 of a mixed dance album. Everything went fine, gapless etc, accept ive just noticed instead of putting the artist who actually created the track (as shown on the album tracklistings) it just shows the track title and shows all the tracks artists as done by the DJ that mixed the tracks together (eg Tall Paul) ive just noticed you can right click and rename the tracks in sonicstage. Hope any of that made sense, is renaming the only way, or is there a quicker way? BTW i used the gracenote database option.

2. davisneil

davisneil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    hello again glad your enjoying your hd5.

im afraid it looks like on that particular cd gracenote have on file no artist names and sonicstage has just filled them in with tall pall, you will need to rename them im afraid.

3. GrooveyTunez

GrooveyTunez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmmm, as soon as i renamed the artist, a box popped up saying something like "the track will now be moved to the relevant album" and moved it out of the tracklisting for that album. It is now listed in sonicstage by the artist name, however it still has the title/info of the ablum that it originated from. So im wondering whether the tracks will still be gapless when i transfer them over to the player. I almost changed the artists names BEFORE actually importing the tracks from the CD, maybe i shud have done that. Your thoughts on this matter appreciated davisneil.

4. davisneil

davisneil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    you could try:

ripping the cd again

or

reorder the list in my library alphabetically by album name by clicking the column name. then highlight all the tracks in that album and i think there is a option when you right click called properties and i thik there is a 'part of a compilation' tick box. maybe that will work...?

5. GrooveyTunez

GrooveyTunez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK just tried renaming the artists and THEN importing the album, it kept the artists names fine in SS, but the player doesnt display them, just the track titles :rotfl:

Nevermind, i can live with that. I really dont know what everyones problem is with SS, i actually find that quick search feature very intuitive and useful.
    And whats this about it being slow? Takes approx. 2 minutes to import an album and 30 seconds to transfer it to the player :thumbsup: . Pretty sure WMP, iTunes aint any quicker than that.

6. GrooveyTunez

GrooveyTunez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    forget what i just said, i was looking at the wrong menu on the player, i was looking at the tracks menu under the album "folder", but when you play the track and it switches to the album menu it displays the artists name in the middle and the track title scrolls across the top.

NICE! :clap: