1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonicstage

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by bstonehouse, Mar 8, 2005.

1. bstonehouse

bstonehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I am planning to buy a HD3 and currently have all my music loaded in an old version of Sonicstage on a Sony laptop. Can anyone offer an advise about the best way to have the music structured in Sonicstage before loading it into the HD3. I currently have all my CD's in Sonicstage as a seperate playlist for each CD - will this be OK for loading to the HD3 or is there a better way to do it.
    Also, all my music is currently loaded as ATRAC3 105k - will it all have to be converted before it is loaded to the HD3..........Thanks

2. Kaledii

Kaledii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The music files will transfer at the bit rate without a problem. If the HD3 is anything like a HI-MD player then it will transfer playlists as a group folder on the device. If individual files have an association with an album and artist then you can sort on the device.
    BTW I wouldn't recommend the 105kps codec; the atrac3plus at 64kps or Atrac3 132kps are better. Sony have just released SS3.0, which is an improvement (for instance you can choose what bit rate to transfer to the device, regardless of what bit rate it was originally encoded in) and you can download it from the US connect site. The European version will be available soon.

3. bstonehouse

bstonehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Thanks Kaledii.........will i be able to convert my songs to Atracplus@64kps before loading up to the player or will it be an option I can do when they are loaded up to the player using version 2.3. You seem to imply that only version 3 will do this.

Many Thanks