SonicStage v3.2 - Japanese Download Link

KeanosMagicHat

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to another site where someone has discovered a Japanese download site for SonicStage v3.2 (officially out in Japan on the 27th).

It is only for the brave (or Japanese) users amongst you though as it requires you to have the Japanese version of Windows installed.

I've not installed it myself - will wait for an English version - but I thought I'd pass on the info anyway.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=11295

yes well, what does it add? I'll wait for UK ver. Since its not like its SS 4.0, it can't be that advantageous over 3.1. Unless it contains a patch?

whats in it thats not in 3.1? im hoping its a decent improvment, a la 2.3-3.1

LFC_SL said:
yes well, what does it add? I'll wait for UK ver. Since its not like its SS 4.0, it can't be that advantageous over 3.1. Unless it contains a patch?

:) - Hey don't shoot the messenger - I've no idea and I agree with you in that I won't be installing it.

Some might want to though so I thought I'd pass it on anyway.

I'm just a caring sharing type of guy ;)

Looks like SS3.2 gives you more ATRAC3Plus encoding rates:

320kbps, 256kbps, 192kbps, 160kbps, 128kbps, 96kbps, 64kbps and 48kbps.

Though whether our NW-HD's can play them without a firmware update is another matter.

Plus the usual slight speed and stability increase.

Ishiyoshi's the main man.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, looks like we get ATRAC3+ 192kbps on the HD's without need for a firmware upgrade. Choice bro'!

Another key change is the ability to select whether or not you want to include DRM on ATRAC files.

This is a quote from the thread Hasselhoffia linked above:

"SonicStage 3.2 does give you an option to add DRM or not to add DRM when you transfer songs from CDs"

which means

"move it on a different computer and it will play"

This is an excellent update.

Also apparently post 28 on this thread is a link to an English language version but I'm not brave enough to try it.

Anyone else fancy a go?

If you do, make sure you use SonicStage backup to make a full copy of your library beforehand.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=11311&st=15

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom