1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SonicStage - separate libraries?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by drmoze, Aug 25, 2005.

1. drmoze

Standard Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I want to create 2 separate libraries(not jus groupings) for ripped cds being transferred to 2 devices. (64 kbps for a flash player, 192 for an HD5). Some of the albums will be the same in the 2 libraries. Can I create 2 separate user libraries in SS? Or, can I manually remove the music file folder for one library to create a second one? Or can I just specify where the library is located in SS to maintain 2 libraries in 2 folders? Thx! (Getting ready to start encoding my cds....)
  2. malheuresement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Not sure about specifying the location of the library for the different bitrates.
    Could [probably would] work, but a lot of pfaff, changing the library location everytime you rip at the different bitrate.

If I were you, I would simply rip at 192, then rip at 64 [BUT SPECIFY THAT THE TRACKS SHOULD BE STORED IN A NEW FOLDER -- this option should pop-up if you have already ripped tracks]. The second time you rip ALBUM#1, it will be stored in a folder called ALBUM#1 [1] or something. You can change this when it pops up -- if you were to adopt the convention of putting [64] in front of the album title (eg [64] ALBUM#1), then in windows explorer, you could easily see which albums you have ripped at both bitrates.

In order to separate the tracks in Sonic Stage, you should than be able to sort by clicking the bit-rate heading -- the tracks should then be ordered in 2 non-discreet chunks, one for 192 and the other for 64 kbps. The tracks should also retain their groupings and order based on track numbers, albums, etc -- if not a bit of playing with the headings should sort you out.

Don't know if this helps at all -- you could also set-up playlists to help keep your library page to a minimum if that is what you want, instead of every album being duplicated in the listing.

I reckon Sonic Stage is pretty good, actually.