1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SonicStage saga. People, has anyone ever had to use NAPSTER?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Castar, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Castar

Castar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am very new to these forums but I read a lot about the NW-HD5H that I recently bought and thanks to you guys, that was a tremendous buy.

Most of the people complain about SonicStage. Has anyone of you used Napter? If not, then you don't know what crappy software means.

Napster was bundled with my Samsung YH-920GS. I used to be a Napster subscriber, so I thought what the heck I should go for the Napster branded software. Unfortunately I did not spend some time (as I did this time) to read all of your helpful posts, and this resulted in me loosing 170 quid. I was amazed by the radio, the line-in, the line-out etc. capabilities of the Samsung. And even though I found the music quality good (except for a bit of hissing was there at low-volume listening) I have never used those features. Not even once.

But the worst was Napster. Not only I just couldn't transfer tracks as an album (the sequence of songs was arranged alphabeticaly, not by track number) but Napster copied all of the songs again when I tried to create playlists for each and every album that I had (a problem SS also had). In addition, even though it was the official napster player, the device was not supported for the Napster-to-go service. Yes... Only some special devices where allowed to be used... The final straw was when version 3.something came out and I could no-longer transfer files through Napster. "Transfer error" is all I kept getting. And, please remember, that was the official Napster player... :lesson:

For all of the above reasons, I had to rely on Windows Media Player 10, a software I must say I now really appreciate for its generalised capabilities (well ok, when it comes to wma files ;) ). After 4-5 months of moderate use, the Samsung just popped a lovely "Device cannot initialize HDD", killing my 15GB of music along with some important PhD work (fortunately backed-up) :oops: . It has been two weeks since a Samsung representative would have contacted me for arranging the replacement procedure. :thumbsdow

So people, before anyone goes complaining about SS, just remember that it does what it is supposed to do. And it does it as it should. Perfect transferring, great playlists (although not created automaticaly like iTunes) and it is really simple. Just remember the big bad Napster guy. :eek:

I have to go now, to listen to one of the greatest piece of equipment I have ever bought... It took me 2 mp3 players, but I've made it there. :cool: