Sonicstage retrieve music from Sony NW-HD5

xyeovillian

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi my Sony NW-HD5 is nearly full is there any way I can retrieve all the music from as I don't have all the tracks on my PC anymore reformatted etc I can see all the music in Sonicstage ATRAC Audio Device on my old PC XP but when I connect it to my new laptop Win 7 Important: In order to proceed. your device must be reformatted. If I do this I will lose everything!

Yes hence the error message = but when I connect it to my new laptop Win 7 Important: In order to proceed. your device must be reformatted. If I do this I will lose everything!

Do a forum search. You will find some old discussion about getting around Sony dropping Sonicstage and providing a transfer tool for legacy players

In the alternative if you did not attach drm to your atrac files then there is a slim possibility you can transfer the OMA files from the player onto your computer and then have Sonicstage import them in. It will only work if there is no drm attached

I still have and use my NW-HD5, shame about the crappy SonicStage software. Anyhow this link may be of use to you. An alternative to SonicStage, I've used MP3 file manager to transfer from PC to player and it works well. I haven't used Grab Your Music, but it looks promising.

All the best :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom