1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonicstage - Resets my computer

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by JoeUK, Jul 4, 2005.

1. JoeUK

JoeUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

Never posted here before but I noticed a fair amount of other threads about sonicstage so I figured - maybe someone has experienced my problem.

Basically.. I bought a NW-HD3 the other day as I wanted a small mp3 player... i read all the complaints about the software and figured well... as long as I can get the mp3's onto it then I'll get by!

Buuuut.. I installed sonicstage 3.1 and whenever I run it - it brings up the logo and loads up and as soon as it loads it actually resets my PC! No warning.. no error log or anything.. just resets it straight away. Tried installing the disc that came with it and had the same results with that too.. I use windows xp pro /sp2 and I just can't think of whats causing this - i tried safemode and it does the same so i'm stumped.. has anyone heard this before? I'm pretty positive I have no virus's and i've never had random resets like this before, it's getting more than a bit annoying and I'm pretty sure my pc doesnt like being reset randomly!

Failing that.. is there any other programs I can use at all? I've had this stupid thing 2 days now and havent been able to put anything on it

Cheers

2. Aargh

Aargh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had similar problems with SS 3.1, then i noticed that if I stopped it from automatically searching my hard drive and importing files into my library the problem would almosst go away. You do then have to import files manually and it still does crash occasionally but you can get files onto your device.

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,240
    Never have had a prob with SS apart from being a little slow. No porbs with importing music as well.

4. Wykey

Wykey
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Me neither, I've used it on three different PC's for years (originally had a net MD) and it's fine.

Can't understand why everyone complains about it....

Anyway, as far as computers resetting when software loads, it can often be a problem with a device driver, it's worth updating all (or as many drivers as you can) for other hardware.

I have a bluetooth adaptor that used to reset the PC when I started the software. Turns out it was on old soundcard driver that I needed to update.

5. hanan

hanan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey pal, you are absolutely right. This is a problem I am suffering from and Sony couldn't address it. It happens like you described, just with no warning and out of the blue. But i have noticed that it happened only when I am writing to the MD and before a song is completely transferred, that's when it's happening. Now it may not be totally Sony's problem it could be your HW too. Are you using any ASUS motherboards by any chance?
    ANyway, it is crap and I am considering buying something else (iPod or iRiver).
    Good luck,
    Hanan :lesson: