1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SonicStage Questions

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by jordan2pip, Aug 15, 2005.

1. jordan2pip

jordan2pip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. Can you somehow change the 'Composer' information for an entire album at one shot as opposed to clicking on each song one by one?

2. Once an album has been imported into SonicStage can you change the order of the songs?

Thanks!

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. Highlight all the tracks in one album in SonicStage, right-click the highlighted area, select properties and fill in the composer field, then hit return twice. Works on most fields.

2. Yes, but only by manually changing track numbers. This one of the fields (see 1.) that you can't batch edit ... annoyingly!

3. dazzadip

dazzadip
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have attempted to make an Mp3 CD using CronicStage. When I add tracks from my library I get an error message

"Cannot transfer the track or tracks.
    The current device/media does not support the file format"

What am I doing wrong?

4. mikeynl

mikeynl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Question: how do I change the "artist" field for the album without SS changing all the "artist" fields for each song separately to this name?

5. BenW

BenW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Just had a look and it seems you cant. I guess making a playlist could solve the problem though

6. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you could explain please, step-by-step, what problem you're having, I think I can help :)

7. mikeynl

mikeynl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have quite a few compilation albums. If I import them GraceNote often gives an artist name to the whole album (with remix albums it's often the name of the DJ), while all the tracks separately have a different artist name each. If I try to change the artist name for the album to "Various Artists" SS changes the names of each of the tracks to "Vaious Artists", which is not what I want. I want to change the artist name for the whole album without changing the artist name for each track.

8. RB05

RB05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are changing the 'Album Artist' - you should be looking at just changing the 'Artist'

Not sure how though cos I dont use Sonic Stage! So basically I'm no help at all!

9. L11

L11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    mikey, i think you tick the 'compliation' box then do it.. but its useless because the hd5 (presumably) doesnt read it as a compilation anyway...

10. BenW

BenW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Thats not the case, tried it before my reply and even when thats ticked it still changes artist name on all tracks in the album