1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonicstage Question

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by newbie265, Jun 1, 2005.

1. newbie265

newbie265

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I couldn't understand why people were moaning about this software but I am having a few difficulties now.
    I changed The band initial on sonicstage (eg The Beatles to 'B') but has transferred to the HD5 as 'T'. Also grouping a cluster of songs in one album name but are transferred to individual album names on the HD5 as well as changing the order I put them in.
    Hope this makes sense.

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    Hmmmm, changing intials was OK for my HD3. At least your HD5's buttons haven't cracked! :)

3. newbie265

newbie265

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Sorted the ordering out the double albums I have grouped bothe have two track 1,2 etc still don't understand why they can't download as they are laid out in 'My Library' though :confused:

4. scottydog

scottydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem too. To get around it I had to highlight all of the tracks in the 'album' then right click over them and select properties. Changing the name of the album there will convert the whole album. You still need to do it in 'properties' for the album itself and also the alphabtical letter that you wanted it listed under.

You will need to delete the album from the HD3 and re-transfer for any changes to take effect.

For some reason I ended up with two versions of changed lbums in SS3.1. One in the right place and one in 'others'. Deleting the 1 in others worked fine.

Hope that helps.

5. djskum

djskum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    GOD Sonicstage 3.1 is soooo ****y!!!

Its annoying not being able to change the properties on the files within my HD5! Got a rogue track in the wrong album. Imported it from home (now at work) using 2 copies of sonicstage (at home and work). Can't export as I put this track on at home! Anyway exporting and reimporting is a pain anyway...

Sonicstage 3.1 = crap software, GG Sony. Try employing some real software developers...

An angry coffee fuel Deej.

6. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    As I remember you can change proporties of the files on your HD5 from SonicStage, you just have to do each file one by one and it's a long and boring process. Quicker by far to delete and reimport if changing multiple files.

7. sunflowerhx

sunflowerhx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Just started using SS3.1 with my HD5; and I initially had afew problems with my tags.

I suggest you use itunes to convert all your tags to IDE2 v2.3.
    Just load up all your mp3 into itunes, select all and right click -> Convert Tags.

SS3.1 does not seem to be compatible with the latest IDE2 v2.4.

Alternatively you could use the excellent Tag&Rename but itunes is free!

BTW does anyone use Atrac3?
    Tempted to rip some cds using this to save space but I cant find any software apart from SS3.1 to play them on the PC. I cannot find any plugins for Media Player 10 or Winamp etc..

Cheers

8. tottycs

tottycs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "Sonicstage 3.1 = crap software, GG Sony. Try employing some real software developers..."

i know it sucks, you shoud try downloading "VAIO music transfer" THAT ROCKS! :D

9. loser

loser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can this VAIO music thig be used with HD5?

10. Simebaby

Simebaby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes. (You need to have SS 3.1 installed).