1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonicstage problems, any alternative?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by shrekan, Jul 25, 2005.

1. shrekan

shrekan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone aware of an alternative to sonicstage 3.1 as ss wont load up on my pc.
    My PC is way over the required system specs, and after the install which goes fine btw, after my install pc restart. I go to load sonicstage off of my desktop. sonicstage window pops up then another little window saying that i have to update the database, so not knowing what i should do, i click yes, im adventurous like that, it brings up a progress bar and gradually completes whatever its doing. the progress bar fills up, but it just stays like that forever, it doesnt close down automatically and continue loadin up sonicstage, it just does nothing.
    If i close the little progress window myself and try reloading sonicstage, it says i cant run ss when the database backup.
    As baffled as i am, i try solving it manually, when the proggy bar reaches 100% and just sits there on my desktops for hours on end i take a look at the task manager, its caning my cpu near 100% of it and giving my memory a bashing, this is when its supposedly finished doing whatever its doing, even when i close the window its the same case. dont know what to do.
    Even tried the MDAC register tool but no sucess.
    was looking for a replacment to sonicstage anyone no of one or gimme help regarding sonicstage 3.1 please help thankx

2. JB5

JB5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Update the database?

Do you already have some music files on your PC?
    If it's trying to use the database recovery program then it requires a live internet connection. Maybe that is the source of your problem?