1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SonicStage Problem

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by bstonehouse, Mar 19, 2005.

1. bstonehouse

bstonehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I have had problems with some of my old playlists after they have been copied up to the HD3. I tend to have whole CD's for my favorite artists and also compilations of my favourite songs for the same artist. After copying over to the HD3 in the ALBUM view the songs are appearing more than once if they exist in one of my compilations.
    I have got around this by changing the name of the album in the 'source' field in Sonicstage before copying over. This is a real pain as I have this sitation for several different artists - id there anythiing else I can do to avoid getting these duplicate tracks in the ALBUM view as it also plays the duplicates twice as well.
    This software really is cr*p.

2. malheuresement

malheuresement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Read the info in this thread for some suggestions.

I have been thinking about it.
    In order to avoid duplication in particular play units (groups, artist, genre, etc) you need to have two tracks on your HD3 with different track info.

This doesn't avoid taking up unnecessary space, but does order tracks nicely.

For a compilation playlist, that would be major pfaff if you have a lot of tracks in you list. However, the easiest options are:
    1. use playlists as a temporary list, removing them from your player when you don't want them
    2. be prepared to hit skip to not hear the same tune twice in a row.

If you can find an easy way to duplicate tracks but have them sorted in different play units, post away, I'm sure lots of people will be interested.

3. bstonehouse

bstonehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Thanks Malheuresement, the only way I could find around the problem was to alter the 'source' field in sonicstage to a different album name instead of the correct album name which is a nonsense, I would have thought that it could have coped with having a compilation playlist made up referring to the correct album names without causing problems but apparently not.

Thanks again for your help.