1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonicstage Problem Regarding "Compilation" Albums

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Young H.O.V, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Young H.O.V

Young H.O.V

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well my problem is i have many albums which Sonicstage will not recognize as 1 album. (This isnt because of slight errors in ID Tags)Instead of having simply 1 album i have 6 or 7.

For example my Run The Road Volume 2 Album.

[​IMG]

As you can see all of the album names are exactly the same but they are listed as separate albums probably because they have diffrent Artist Names. I want them all to go into 1 album but i don't want them to have a generic name such as "Various Artists"

Help :lease:

2. L11

L11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You can if you open the properties for all of them and tick the "compilation" box and it will group them all into one album... but when you put it on the HD5 it will still list it as sepeate albums, better off changing the tags..

Big album..

3. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    For my compilations I change the Song Title tag to show the artist and track name, then change the Artist and Album to the name of the compilation.

Works for me anyway..

Try Jtagger (Just google for it, it's a free Java app) to batch edit awkward albums before you import into Sonicstage (assuming your not ripping with SonicStage) Saves a lot of pain

4. Young H.O.V

Young H.O.V

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx ur reply inspired me and now ive cracked it!

I put VA in the artist field and then the full artist and song title in the Song Title Field! :clap:

5. Russ

Russ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    HI
    The problem with doing that is that you loose a quick and easy way to search or group together artists.
    My long winded solution is to put VA in the artists field like you, BUT i put the artists name in the Genre field. AK so it doesnt link to the Artists field but now I have the best of both worlds.

6. IanPM

IanPM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Why not simply make an M3U playlist of all the albums, in order, in winamp, import into SonicStage and transfer to the HD5. A lot less hassle.

7. Young H.O.V

Young H.O.V

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So does this method of putting Artist Name in the Genre Field work properly when you do an initials search?

8. Russ

Russ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Initials search on my HD5H shows the song title, and this of course works as before.
    The only down side is that you now have artists names in two places.
    This however is fine for me because I often like the music on compilations but couldnt care less about the artist, so not having some obscure (to me) artist with one song in my artists list is a good solution. With my way, I can always find them if I want to.

So does M3U work with ATRAC ? I dont use MP3 because it sounds so tinny, and I can store loads of music on my HD5H in high bit rate ATRAC Plus have room left to use the device as a USB memory stick :)

9. IanPM

IanPM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6

Probably not, but SonicStage will also allow you to make playlists. I did it with my Gatecrasher albums. Because it was two CD's I just grabbed all the songs and put them into one long ATRAC playlist. Its dead easy.

10. henofdoom

henofdoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is just another of my sonicstage pet peeves...