1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonicstage Help....please

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by kashbizkit, Apr 6, 2005.

1. kashbizkit

kashbizkit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys,
    i know this may be posted before but i found no solution.
    I just got a nw-hd1 and installed sonicstage 3.
    I can transfer some of my songs ok but for most of my songs i get the error

''could not convert specified track''

But all the other songs i have put on are the same as the ones that are not working. Can someone please help me.

They are all the same bitrate mp3.

Thank you.

2. kashbizkit

kashbizkit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not no one? :(

3. pharris007

pharris007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi

Have you had your HD1 hardware upgraded by Sony?

4. kashbizkit

kashbizkit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no? how mite i do this?
    thank you
    oh btw im new to all this :D

5. pharris007

pharris007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi mate, yeh bit new to this aswell, been a member since jan last year and joined when i had a load of problems with a CRT rear projector TV that i bought. I have to say the replys were FANTASTIC and I only wish i had joind before. I will now always view these pages before i buy anything again.

OK, firstly what do you think of the HD1? I bought mine about 3 weeks ago at the sony centre for a bargin (i wont say how much but i cant find a second hand one cheaper on e.bay!!). with regards to the upgrade, the guy at the sony centre they send it off to sony for a hardware upgrade, here they will allow you to play mp3 directly from the HD1 without conversion, effectivly making it a "real" mp3 player. you will also get a CD with the updated version of sonic stage, (2.3 i think) what the difference is i dont know. all this with a 5 day turnaround for £15. goto the sony website under support for further info, they may also give you an address if you don't live near a sony centre. you therefore get a HD3 with a docking station :thumbsup:.

personally i didnt go for the upgrade as i had a minidisc and all my music was in atrac, and secondly i think atrac sounds great.

this should resolve any conversion issues you have for £15. also check your file allocation. goto tools - options- location to save files- browes. then check that you dont have 2 files for the cd. this has caused me problems also.

let me know how you get on.

6. pharris007

pharris007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    BTW could be a copyright issue. sonicstage will only allow import of CD if it "regognises it" eg, i have stuff on minidisc but not on the pc. sonicstage will not import it with the error "cannot convert track" that you state. bit gutted. and also you can only export to 2 or 3 times unless you import it back first!! clear as mud :rolleyes: