1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonicstage File Deletion Question

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by jasonsock, Aug 11, 2005.

1. jasonsock

jasonsock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully, this is a stupid question.... Using Sonicstage 3.1. Have imported a directory into SS, and then deleted a number of files from the library (whilst keeping the files on disk).

This works fine, but when I reimport the same directory after adding in new files, the files I had previously deleted are now reimported back into the library. Is there any way of getting the software to "remember" files you have previously removed from the library and thus not reimport them when you import a directory? Can't see any settings/find this on the internet though would have thought this would be fairly common? Any help much appreciated.

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you import, select Scan Folders, then choose Settings, where you can manually deselect folders. This is the only way.

3. ak47wong

ak47wong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hmm... I don't think so. After all, how it would it know you weren't actually trying to re-import the files you previously deleted from the library? As a workaround, would you consider moving the files that you don't want in the library to a different directory?

Andrew

4. jasonsock

jasonsock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fair enough, guess it looks like i'll need to move the files I don't want to load up into a different directory. Just wondered if it was more sophisticated than that. Cheers for your help.