1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SonicStage Backup Tool

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by simonc1952, Aug 3, 2005.

1. simonc1952

simonc1952

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need to port my existing SonicStage data (approx 9000 atrac and mp3 files) to a new computer. When I have tried to use the SonicStage Backup tool the following error message keeps appearing, stopping any further action:

Omgbkup.exe

Omgbkup.exe has encountered a problem
    and needs to close…

Anyone have any idea as to why this might be happening?

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers

simonc

2. aaron1cool

aaron1cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, just wanted to say you might need to download the software again, version 3.2 will be out in a week so you might try updated then backing up. If not try Sony help line, I have used them in the past and have been helpful.

Sorry I can't solve your problem myself but this is the best I can do!!!

3. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    Yeah best directing the question to the help line as the last thing you want to do is to render your tracks unplayable through DRM issues.

Once you can launch the backup tool successfully there is confimation that the process works in this thread

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213861

4. simonc1952

simonc1952

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great guys!! Thanks for your help.

Simon C

5. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had this problem myself. Had to uninstall (wasn't easy :mad: ), then clear every last trace out of the PC's registry of SS, then reinstalled. Worked a treat! :thumbsup:

Hopefully all this back-up business should be easier with the DRM-free option in SS 3.2 (see http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232209)

6. simonc1952

simonc1952

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well done on the successful "trial".. I have 9000 tracks on my NW-HD5 and if I have to re-load them all I'm taking some high-ranking Sony executives with me. Hell, I'll probably get off... they'll see it as a humanitarian action... :cool:

Thanks for the advice anyway. I may get back to you!

Cheers

Simon C

7. mushroomturtle

mushroomturtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this should be a new thread, not sure.
    SS3.3
    I have a problem with the backup tool. When I try to use it, I am told it 'cannot find files in the following path' and lists about 12Gb of music files. Here is where it gets confusing.. Now, the player has no problem playing these files when asked to do so. The path in the Library view describes them as being on E: drive (my external hard drive). However when right-clicked and looked at their properties their file paths are described as being on F: drive. So, to summarise, I can play all these files, but am unable to back them up. I have tried moving all the files from the Library screen(from F: to E: ) and am told that the tracks cannot be transferred (presumably because it is having trouble finding them again).
    Lord it's making me depressed, many of these tracks are downloads and my computer and hard drive won't last forever. Any ideas?
    Thanks for your time.

EDITED-solution found!
    In case anyone should have the same problem...
    I deleted ALL the tracks from My Library,making sure that the box remained unchecked for removing them from my computer,then re imported ALL the tracks again by scan folder option.Hooray, the 12Gb of missing music were found by the back-up tool! The veins in my forehead should reduce soon i hope. :D