1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonicstage Backup Tool

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by stylez_paniro, Apr 19, 2005.

1. stylez_paniro

stylez_paniro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does any1 know if u can use the sonicstage backup tool to save all ur music on a hd3, then re transfer it onto a hd5?

2. 22Yellow

22Yellow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a long chat with Sony UK about multiple devices and multiple PC's, I was informed that it is possible to use multiple devices, i.e. HD3, HD5, PSP, etc. with the same version of SonicStage. The device has to be initialised, and therefore locked, to work with the PC, the only issue seems to be copyright control and the number of checkouts available for each track. If Sony UK are correct the HD5 should connect without problems to your existing SonicStage libary, I would backup first, connect the HD5 and initilise the unit. The backup tool also allows you to move the SonicStage libary to another PC.

3. stylez_paniro

stylez_paniro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so does this mean that its possible for me to put a backup of my hd3 (created using sonicstage backup tool) and transfer it to any other hd3/hd5? when a backup is made with the tool...does it erase evrythin on the hd3 n transfer it to the backup? help!

4. 22Yellow

22Yellow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Each device has to be locked to a single PC to work, to lock a device involves wiping the harddisk clean, only tracks on the PC it is locked to can be transferred to it. Any player locked to a different PC will not change either the sonicstage library or the backup, don't know about the player though.

You can connect both the HD3 and HD5 to the same copy of sonicstage on the same PC and have the same tracks on both of them at the same time. It's a ghost image thing.

5. stylez_paniro

stylez_paniro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so if i have 330 albums on my hd3, and i back it up using sonicstage backup tool, will all the tracks on my hd3 disappear?? if i wanna copy all my tracks onto another hd3, will the backup file have 2 be transferred onto hd3 number 2, using only THIS pc?