sonicstage and windows media player

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by whitegina, Mar 17, 2006.

1. whitegina

whitegina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok,
    when I installed sonicstage, I wasn't able to play music in my windows media player anymore. Everytime I open my windows media player with a song it says: "Windows Media Player has encountered a problem and needs to close." and crashes. This happens every time I open the player, even when I am visiting websites that have windows media files on them, the whole website crashes. Is this because my windows media player isnt set as the default? All my music is in MP3 form, so that shouldn't be a problem. Its almost like Sonic stage took over my computer. I can still play files on Real player though, so that seems a little odd. Im sick of not being able to visit websites without my internet crashing!

Thanks for the help.

Tina

2. JB5

JB5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I haven't encountered this problem personally as I don't use WMP. It may be worth turning off "use SS as default player" though and see if that helps. You will need to root around in the options menu to find this.

3. whitegina

whitegina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried this, as well as turning off real player as the default, and it STILL wont play in windows media. SS corrupted it or something.