1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonicstage and sony can go to hell!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by exalnt, Jun 15, 2005.

1. exalnt

exalnt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well.. just really screwed me this time...
    After transferring all my songs (870 ATRACS) to the NWHD5, i decided i didnt need them on my PC, so i deleted them... everything was fine for a while...
    Then i decided i wanted to creat some playlists... which means i need to have all the files on my PC again... to i went into SS3.1 and selected all the songs on my HD5 and clicked transfer <-- (ie to hard drive)
    Well after 10 mins of transferring it said complete.. but alas the files were nowhere to be found.... did a search in windows for all oma files... there was none... and they had been deleted from the HD5 drive too in the process!!!!!
    Worst part is, when i click auto transfer, all the albums show up, but then comes with an error saying that they cant be found....
    Grrr... looks like i get to spend another 3 days encoding all my music again...

:eek: :nono: :suicide: :censored:

2. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    A time consuming lesson learned there mate .....

For others do not make the same mistake.

Make regular backups of your library using the SonicStage Backup Tool (ideally to an external HD - other than the player).

3. exalnt

exalnt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wasnt really a lesson learned.. look in the help file.. i did exactly what it says to do to transfer files back to your HDD... grrr.. i always wondered why so many people complain about sonic stage... now i know!

4. sba

sba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Borrowed a friends HD-5 - when trying to copy some of his music to my library it says (as it says in the manual) that the files were transferred from another pc so they cant be copied......!!!
    Grrrrrrr

Is there any way around this???

S

5. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    no.

The only way would be to use the HD5 as a hard disc and stick the atrac/mp3s on there and then copy them onto your pc.. if you use SS then you can only copy them to the player not off it.

Matt

6. njiri

njiri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try importing them from the HD5 ???
    it is, after all, just another hard drive. Not tried it myself though.

7. Kaledii

Kaledii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I can't help agree that you should have read the help file. You can only physically copy files in one direction that is to the playback device. This is for copyright reasons and ipods work in just the same way (although the ipod can be hacked apparently?) SS is supposed to act as your library and HD5 syncs with this library. when you moved files back from the HD5 SS saw that you had deleted them from the library and thus assumed that you also no longer wanted them on your HD5

8. fletpablo

fletpablo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease::lease::lease:
    Any body help me with same prombelm cant copy files back on player to computer
    it says cant be copied can anybody tell me how to get round this
    what device can i use to copy music files form nwhd5 other then ss to computer