Sonicstage and atrac...but slightly off point...

M

myepitome

I convert my mp3s to atrac when trasferring and I recently found the folder where there is a .oma file for every single song that I have converted and trasferred...is this deletable or would I corrupt something?

S

shadowritten

myepitome said:
I convert my mp3s to atrac when trasferring and I recently found the folder where there is a .oma file for every single song that I have converted and trasferred...is this deletable or would I corrupt something?
Delete the contents, not the folder (you can change this in the settings, anyhow). The content is on your player and can be re-transferred/converted any time you choose, so you stand to lose nothing and gain HDD space.

M

myepitome

thanks, but I'm talking about the folder on my computer rather than my hd5, sorry I didn't state that

S

shadowritten

myepitome said:
thanks, but I'm talking about the folder on my computer rather than my hd5, sorry I didn't state that
So was I mate. :)

g0pkh

Standard Member
If I am not mistaken, I think the folder is called "Optimised".
There is even an option somewhere in the menus that will delete this for you.

Something about cleaning temporary files.

The contents of optimised come from those tracks which may have been converted from non oma files (mp3 for example)

Pete

M

myepitome

It's the "optimized files" folder, and found the button that will delete it all thanks for that

rich1068

Novice Member
myepitome said:
Why do you convert mp3 to atrac? One lossy format to another.

A genuine question btw :)

Uridium

I also convert from MP3 to Atrac myself. Reasons being:-

I Don't rip straight into Atrac as this would lock you into Sony's format so you'd be stuffed if your next player wasn't Sony. (Don't care about Gapless)

I have a 50Gb library of 320k MP3's on my PC that I also use for streaming through a wireless player to my AV kit.

Wouldn't get many of those 320k MP3's on a 20Gb player, converting to 64k Atrac3+ means I can get hundreds of albums on a 20Gb player. (currently on 400+ albums and still have almost 10Gb left

For my use 64k Atrac3+ is plenty higher enough quality for "Music on the move" or in the car.

M

myepitome

To be truly honest, I don't notice much difference in sound quality! I did transfer my mp3s directly, but I have saved about half the room converting to atrac.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom