1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SonicStage advice

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by daveb975, Jul 4, 2005.

1. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +275
    I am struggling a bit with artist/track naming from SS 3.1 onto my HD5.

For example, I have two System of a Down albums on there. On SS 3.1 on my PC they appear as the same artist, but on the HD5 itself I have 2 artists:

System of a Down
    System Of A Down

Will I need to delete and re-rip the CDs to get rid of this?

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Delete the tracks from the HD5 and retransfer them.

3. Fencer02

Fencer02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its case sensitive, the slightest difference and it thinks its a different album/artist.......Edit the differences out and drag and drop it into the same album/artist whatever.........Chronic Stage strikes again ....What a crock of Faeces.

4. JB5

JB5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    To avoid this happening in the future, you could always use the drop down menus that contain all the artists and genres currently in your database. So you need only type in new artist or genre info, any duplicates can be simply selected from the lists. (These drop down menus appear on the music transfer screen.)

I've never used the on-line database option to automatically fill in my track info but after using it you could still check/correct the artist and genre entries before transferring to your HD5.