1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SonicStage 3.2 advice

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by AaronW, Aug 10, 2005.

1. AaronW

AaronW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi,

I don’t know if anyone can help me with using SonicStage 3.2?

I just received my HD5 today (I’m in the UK). The new firmware 1.2 is already on.

I downloaded SonicStage 3.2 from the US – should I just use this install rather than using the original CD that came with it. Will this not recognise the device as an European model?

Also, can people confirm what bit rates I will be able to rip my CDs with Atrac3+ ? Also, where do I turn off the copy protection that is build into SS 3.2?

Many thanks for the help :thumbsup:

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First, install the disc you got with the player. THEN install SS 3.2 straight over the top. You turn off copy protection in Tools\Options\CD Importing ... something like that. Don't use any other bitrates than 48, 64, 192 and 256 in ATRAC3Plus, as the rest aren't supported on the HD5 yet.

3. AaronW

AaronW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    When I run SS 3.2 I now get this message when trying to register it in Connect

Non-U.S. Access

It appears that your computer is currently accessing Connect from outside the United States. Due to licensing restrictions, music on Connect is not available for download from outside the United States.

Should I of registered it in 3.1 then install it over 3.2 ?

4. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can only imagine that you'll need to make sure everything's registered in 3.1 first, then install 3.2 - I used an Asian version (link somewhere on this forum, though not sure it works any longer), so can't advise beyond this, sorry!

5. AaronW

AaronW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks for your help. I will try it on my home PC when I get home from work. :smashin:

6. dups45

dups45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can u turn of the drm function on the new version of sonic stage, wherby you can transfer music from the player to the computer yet? Or will i still need to have the two copies of each file on the player?

7. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "can u turn of the drm function on the new version of sonic stage, wherby you can transfer music from the player to the computer yet? Or will i still need to have the two copies of each file on the player?"

Turning off DRM only allows the music files on your computer to work on any computer. You still cannot transfer tracks from the player back to the computer.

8. AaronW

AaronW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have another few questions if anyone can help.

1st question: I ripped track into 128k ATRAK + last night. Obviously when I went to play it the display on the player said that it could not play. I was trying to delete the track from player. It was not displaying on the right hand side of SonicStage 2.3 so I had to format the hard disk using the menu on the player and start again. Is there any better way of deleting tracks from the player rather than formatting and start again? If so how because I think there must be but I just could not find it or the track I wanted to delete.

2nd question: When ripping CDs using SS 3.2 using 192 Atrack + the CD ripped fine however it ripped about 5 tracks out of 14 twice? Any ideas why this may happen? It has done this twice on 2 separate mix CDs.

Thanks again.

9. Kaledii

Kaledii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    First part: Are you using SS 3.2 or 2.3? on the computer on which you cannot see the track and had initialise the HDD? If it is 2.3 then it is obvious - its not compatible with the new ATRAC+ bitrates. Otherwise, I can't help you, because, you should not have been able to transfer to the device in the first place, even using SS3.2
    Second part - not sure what you mean here, but a possibility is that the CD in question is a complilation and you may be seeing a playlist with the track in and then the album also?
    To check for sure how many copies you have go to the directory where your albums are stored (on your computer), find the one in question and look at the music files it contains. Alternatively, in 'My Library' view 'all tracks' and see if you can see multiple copies of your tracks!

Finally, I notice that you earlier asked about Connect and you couldn't get access to it. Well if you go to
    http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?act=idx
    you will find information on changing the registery so that SS links to the correct web site for you area (eg USA or Europe)
    I'm sure this process has been covered within these forums as well so please search here too.