1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SonicStage 3.1

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by jimmy5, May 2, 2005.

1. jimmy5

jimmy5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a new HD3 and now I've unlocked the volume thanks to this site I have only two more things to sort out ! :thumbsup:
    1) does anyone know why once I've imported a CD and want to do another I have to restart the program and mess about for ages to get it to see the new CD I have put in and not the old that is not even there any more. :mad:
    2) I have a networked drive with lots of MP3's on and I imported them. As there are so many I want to Un-import them !!! and can't find any way of doing it? :(

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,222
    1st problem shouldn't happen. Re-install - don't worry - music will still be on PC. if that doesn't work, e-mail CONNECT about it. Go on website to do this. Don't e-mail Sony, they are slower in responding. Or it may be hardware / windows related. What OS are you using? Don't think SS is good for pre ME/2000?

2nd problem: Select the songs (hold down CTRL to select multiple songs), right click then delete. SS will ask delete from libary or delete files. Choose delete from libary, so they remain on PC, but not in SS libary.

3. jimmy5

jimmy5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info.

The machine concerned is win 2k pro Piii550 with 300MB of ram +2 CD Drives. It's a nightmare because 1st I tried to install SS on a new dell laptop and it would not recognise the CD? then I put it on my new 2.4ghz P4 win 2k machine and it crashes on importing the library - blue screen stack dump.... I've had usb problems with the new machine before so I resorted to using the old machine for now. It's a bit slow though as the music is on the new machine - newtorked.

With regards to the library, I'm going to have to keep wiping the whole thing and re-importing it as when import a CD it gets put on the HD of the old M/C then I have to transfer it to the New M/C but it's in the library in the old location still - until I get the new M/C working with SS I am going to have to keep messing with the library. SS won't allow saving to a networked drive. Will try a re-install though to see if it solves the CD drive issue.

The new M/C also won't boot if the HD3 is plugged in, it say's invalid disc partition !! it also won't boot if my HP printer is plugged in !! I really don't understand this prob, dirver or Motherboard or OS. I'm planning on trying XP fresh then possibly new board.

There's always somthing !

4. Hasselhoffia

Hasselhoffia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, get this too on my Sonicstage 3. Happened on 2.3 as well.

Am running a Dell Inspiron 5150 3Ghz laptop with Win XP Pro SP2 so its a pretty new machine.

5. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,222
    Well its obviously a Sony conspiracy against Dell = buy a Sony PC/laptop :)

6. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,222
    CD not recognised? Do you mean when you put CD in, nothing happens? Like on CD import screen in SS,, it stays blank? On my other PC, weirdly I tried going to CONNECT store on SS. Zone alarm asked if it should allow SS to access internet. I chose Yes. suddenly, SS sprang to life and realised I had put a CD in.

7. jimmy5

jimmy5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have a razor blade !

I have put xp on fast PC and SS now works, plus I sorted the boot problem by disabling the usb legacy support in the bios.

Now everything works, or so I thought - NOW I CAN'T GET THE CD INFO FROM CDDB

I've been doing this for 9 hours - it says I need to register and then appears to do nothing.

Connected using linksys router, so was the old PC and that workes fine cddb........................................any ideas

8. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    It's not a firewall problem like LFC had is it ?

9. jimmy5

jimmy5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Turned everything off and tried it, no good. When I shut SS, only if I have tried to get cd info it says that an ss program tried to access a memory location and could not read it. Resorted to putting XP on old machine now and it solved the drive problems I was having so I will use it with SS instead, albeit a bit slow. At least I fixed a few things along the way !

10. ropper22

ropper22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I CAN'T GET THE CD INFO FROM CDDB EITHER, KEEPS ASKING ME TO REGISTER THEN FAILS TO CONNECT TO CDDB SERVER.
    YET I TUNES FOR MY DAUGHTERS I POD ON THE SAME COMPUTER CONNECTS NO PROBLEM !!!!!!
    Any ideas anyone ?