Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sonicstage 3.1 won't load arghhh!!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by elbarto000, Jun 24, 2005.

1. elbarto000

elbarto000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

So I received my brand new HD-NW5 30gb a few days ago. But have not been able to use it yet! The reason, Sonicstage 3.1 won't load. It gets to the text in the loading box saying 'Loading Libary' and then a popup box comes up and says:

"Updating SonicStage database.
    SonicStage will be restarted after the updating has completed"

You then click 'ok' on this box and thats it, SonicStage just goes never to be seen again. You click on sonicStage again and it just repeats this exact same thing.

So quite annoyed about this I checked the SonicStage 3.1 OS environment requirements and found the following:

# Operating systems other than those indicated above
    # Personally constructed PCs or operating systems
    # An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system
    # Multi-boot environment
    # Multi-monitor environment
    # Macintosh® operating system environment

So does this mean that everyone who has Windows servicepack 2 can't use there brand new £239 NW-HD5. Because there is no alternative instead of SonicStage for transfering files to your device. I sent a very annoyed e-mail to sony support on this but have received no reply.

I don't know what to do. Can anyone offer an advise on this? I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but it still does the exact same thing every time.

Thanks,

Pete

2. GrooveyTunez

GrooveyTunez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use service-pack 2 and have had no problems at all. Have you checked sonys support pages? might be something mentioned there.

3. elbarto000

elbarto000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've scanned the Sony support pages yes. But have not yet found anything useful to deal with this problem. :( :suicide:

4. elbarto000

elbarto000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK I've now found a fix for this problem. So incase anyone finds this thread after having the same problem here is the fix:

http://forums.minidisc.org/downloads/details.php?file=8

You will need to register with the website in order to download the program. You just need to press the 're-register MDAC' button. i also re-registered the JET too.

Thank god this worked I can now start using my nice shiny new NW-HD5 :clap: