1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SonicStage 3.1 hangs / closes when converting to ATRAC

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by MikeyUK, Jul 19, 2005.

1. MikeyUK

MikeyUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using SonicStage 3.1 to convert my MP3s to ATRAC Plus before transferring to my Sony NW-HD5

However, SonicStage only converts about 20 - 30 MP3s successfully before it either closes itself and returns to the desktop, or hangs the system, requiring a reboot

I know there are loads of issues with SonicStage 3.1, but is this a known problem? If so does anyone have a workaround?

Cheers, Mike

2. Mike_manchester

Mike_manchester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From my own experience, SS 3.1 (and indeed earlier versions too) is a memory hog - 58mb of Ram for the main program process on my machine at the moment and thats with the program idle !!!.

How much RAM is installed and how much virtual memory do you have allocated ? - is there enough free space on your hard drive for a decent amount of virtual memory?

3. MikeyUK

MikeyUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply. I have 512MB RAM, and 768MB of System Managed Virtual Memory (Win XP)