1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonicstage 3.0 - compilation album creation?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by webchimp, Mar 24, 2005.

1. webchimp

webchimp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently puschased my fisrt MP3 player, a Sony NW-HD3. I had read reviews and was aware that a fair few people were less than impressed with Sonicstage software. So, before I actually bought the player I downloaded a copy of Sonicstage 3.0 and had a mess about with it to see how good or bad it was for myself.

My initial impression was that it was a bit clunky, but not the complete horror story that some people had made it out to be. However, now I actually have the player and want to transfer files to it I've hit a snag.

If I want to copy over an entire CD everything's fine and I like the way that it finds all Album, Artist and Track information for me. However, I also want to create some compilation albums. I have hundreds of CD's, there's a good deal that I want to copy over in there entirity and have the whole album on the MP3 player. I also have a good number of CD's which have only one or two tracks that I really like while the rest of the album is a bit of a duffer.

I want to record one or two tracks from around 20 or so CD's to make a compilation album. The trouble is when I do this Sonicstage lists these as 20 individual albums, each with 1 or 2 tracks. I can group them in a play list, but I can't combine these 1 or 2 track albums into 1 "various artists" compilation album. When I transfer the files to the player looking at things in "GROUP" mode is fine, but looking at the files in "ALBUM" mode is a mess with all the 1 and 2 track albums listed there.

The only way around this I can think of at the moment is to record everything from the CD's as WAV files using something like CDEX, store them all in one place and then import them into Sonicstage and name the album and all the tracks manually.

This is a bit of a palaver and I wondered if anyone has found a way to achieve what I want?

2. scottydog

scottydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem. I've tried and can't come up with a way around it that doesn't involve too much time. I am just putting up with 'Groups' and deleting these extra 'albums' (but not the tracks) from sonicstage before transferring them to the player. That way they aren't listed all over the place on the player.

Strange thing is one of the albums I added track to worked fine in all categories. Never been able to do it again though