1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SonicFury - Digital 5.1 and Stereo to TV

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by GazH, May 17, 2005.

1. GazH

GazH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hi all,

I've got my kit turning up in the next couple of days for my MCE2005 upgrade.

I think I've worked out some of the basics I need to set it up, but have got one thing I need to ask.

Using the Videologic Soncifury will it output DD 5.1 through the versa connection when playing a DVD, and output stereo through the normal left/right connector (when watching TV or Sky) automatically.

Or would I have to go to the sonicfury control panel and select the output I want everytime I watch a DVD or switch back TV.

Or does MCE 2005 have some way of setting the output for different sources.

Hopefully this makes sense

Thanks in advance for any advice :smashin:

Gaz

2. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Gaz,

I've got the same card in my mce experiment pc ! :)
    i have both stereo line out to the tv and spdif to the decoder running at the same time ... there is 1 thing that I didn't get working but I can't remember what it was for the life of me !!!?? I use the nvidia dvd decoder, theres a tab in there to setup the digital audio output to spdif - memory is a little faded about what the reset of the settings where tho. I think ... its dvd 5.1 playback through the line out that doesn't work, its fine through spdif to the receiver tho - i figured I'm happy to _have_ to switch the amp on any time a dvd goes in :). Live tv is fine through both, I think mymusic is fine through both too.

Duncan

3. GazH

GazH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Thats exactly what I was hoping to hear :thumbsup: ...Cheer Duncan.

My 6600GT has arrived this morning so will get the codecs I need for that and buy a decoder and some speakers that I spotted on the dvdForums.

hopefully the rest of my kit will arrive in the next couple of days and I'll get everything built.....and have a load more questions probably....

Thanks again for the reply Duncan :D

Gaz