Sonic the Hedgehog (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 08/06/2020

StH.jpg

Attachments

• StH (inside).jpg
    StH (inside).jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 99
  • StH (back).jpg
    StH (back).jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I slipped on my power trainers and sprinted ahead at full pelt! and ordered this a minute after midnight with 10% off...That's not something to run rings around...

I wonder if Tails will make an appearance. 🤔 If not I expect he'll appear in the sequel, if there is a sequel.

French Fnac release is cheaper at €24,99 (4K) & €19,99 (HD)

It's Bloodshot you've been charged for as I've also been charged and missed the boat on this but had an order in for Bloodshot.

I’ve been charged for this. It’s DEFINITELY this as I haven’t ordered Bloodshot, haha.

Dispatched. Let’s hope it arrives on time. My post is shocking as of late. Had one letter in the last three weeks and one steelbook has gone missing that I bought from eBay.

Dispatched. Let’s hope it arrives on time. My post is shocking as of late. Had one letter in the last three weeks and one steelbook has gone missing that I bought from eBay.
I've also had a steelbook from ebay go missing, was despatched two weeks ago and there's no sign of it. The ebay parcel tracking is also giving me no indication of where it is.

I've also had a steelbook from ebay go missing, was despatched two weeks ago and there's no sign of it.
This is the first item to go missing I can remember. I understand that they are short staffed but find it strange that it’s less efficient now than it was at the beginning of lockdown when I was getting post daily.

This is the first item to go missing I can remember. I understand that they are short staffed but find it strange that it’s less efficient now than it was at the beginning of lockdown when I was getting post daily.

Not surprised, received an order from Amazon Germany last month, and it was supposed to be "Le Mans 66" inside, only that the parcel arrived empty and was open on one side.
Basically it was stolen, pure and simple. I was refunded and that was it.
Still frustrated as i had an excellent price discount on that one.

Not surprised, received an order from Amazon Germany last month, and it was supposed to be "Le Mans 66" inside, only that the parcel arrived empty and was open on one side.
Basically it was stolen, pure and simple. I was refunded and that was it.
Still frustrated as i had an excellent price discount on that one.
That’s not good. Get on to their customer service chat and ask for some promotional credit. Hopefully they’ll give you enough that you can buy it again.

That’s not good. Get on to their customer service chat and ask for some promotional credit. Hopefully they’ll give you enough that you can buy it again.

1) It was in April 2020
2) It was "Le Mans 66" 4K Exclusive and sold out on Amazon (debossed title version)
3) Received a 10€ discount code after having complained

My frustration was to not receive the exclusive.

1) It was in April 2020
2) It was "Le Mans 66" 4K Exclusive and sold out on Amazon (debossed title version)
3) Received a 10€ discount code after having complained

My frustration was to not receive the exclusive.
Wounded! I’d be gutted too.

Got mine today. It's a really nice steelbook IMO. Colourful with a lovely glossy finish and nice art on the front, back and inside. No complaints here.

Watched the movie tonight and was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was. It was entertaining from start to finish, it never dragged, the characters, especially Sonic, are charming and funny, Sonic features in 95% of the scenes and looks great (certainly better than the monstrous design <shudders> from the trailer reveal from last year, that is a fact!) and even the menus and end credits pay a nice homage to the 16-bit pixel art videogames from whence he came. Loved the ending too and hope that they will make a sequel. The 4K transfer is superb and the colours pop, especially when Sonic goes "super" and the blues really elevate the HDR presentation.

Sure, it's not a classic by any means but if you're a fan of the games and character then there is a lot to like here and it is much better than I thought it would be.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review, I’m looking forward to getting it. Unfortunately my post is all messed up at the moment and already had stuff go missing, so who knows if I’ll actually get it.

I got my copy through today. It was a relief as my post has been really poor the last month or so. This came as did a steelbook that was lost weeks ago.

Im glad I took a punt on this. The steelbook is gorgeous and I’m excited to see the film in the next day or so.
21E026ED-5DE1-4437-A3FF-5B28863540AC.jpeg
DD9F33D8-1C4B-4548-8E27-AE61E72B5CCF.jpeg
F9443361-BBA2-4A15-96BB-874671D4B43C.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom