Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 08/08/2022

StH2.jpg

StH2 (packshot).jpg

Attachments

• StH2 (inside).jpg
    StH2 (inside).jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 32
  • StH2 (back).jpg
    StH2 (back).jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 28
  • StH2 (j-card_back).jpg
    StH2 (j-card_back).jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Wow that is expensive…..£34.99 on Zavvi too. Is this the standard price for Paramount 4K steelbooks now that amaray Paramount 4k releases don’t come with a standard blu ray included anymore for £25.

Wow that is expensive…..£34.99 on Zavvi too. Is this the standard price for Paramount 4K steelbooks now that amaray Paramount 4k releases don’t come with a standard blu ray included anymore for £25.

This would not surprise me as this is £35.00 on Amazon too.

Paramount are a cheapskate company if their steelbook sets are anything to go by with the recent Indiana Jones 4K set being housed in a cheap flimsy cardboard box with mediocre steelbook designs to boot. Now they're re-releasing the movies separately with different art (vastly superior art, no less), no doubt to entice suckers into buying them again! Compared with Warner Bros., who at least put some effort into their steelbooks set, Paramount come across as a company that doesn't care about its customers, only making as much money as possible to keep their shareholders happy.

Confirmed artwork added to OP.

Last edited:
Has anyone received their steelbook yet? It had a 8th August release date and today is 10th but there's no sign of mine being sent from Amazon. In fact, my pre-order shows as arriving Saturday (13th)!

And, ouch, at the obscene £34.99 price point...

Agreed, £35 is absolutely ridiculous. How on Earth have we got to these price points for a standard steelbook?

Has anyone received their steelbook yet? It had a 8th August release date and today is 10th but there's no sign of mine being sent from Amazon. In fact, my pre-order shows as arriving Saturday (13th)!

And, ouch, at the obscene £34.99 price point...
Yes mine turned up on Friday last week

This is odd. I've just checked Amazon's listing for this item and it shows 3 in stock available to order for delivery tomorrow (Friday). Yet my pre-order from April is still showing no movement but that it will be delivered on Saturday. The release date for this item was Monday, 8th August.

I have also noticed an alarming number of my pre-ordered showing +5 days on the actual release date for delivery. I would say about 75% of my pre-orders show this, including Sonic 2 steelbook. I tried contacting customer support this morning about this but all I got was the usual polite apology and that they'll pass on my concerns. They did answer me question at all about why this was being sent later or why most of my pre-orders show +5 days for delivery.

Does anyone know why Amazon have suddenly gone from being a reliable retailer for Day One releases to taking a week to deliver stuff? I pay a monthly Amazon Prime subscription so it seems like they may as well just put things in the normal post (postal strikes withstanding) as I would then get them faster...

Finally, got mine on Friday, four days after release. Not sure what is going on with Amazon and with this and apparently a large number of my other pre-orders are showing with a +5 delivery date. Maybe they no longer ship these from their own warehouses but direct from the supplier instead?

Whatever, I have it now and is a vey nice steelbook. Thankfully it's glossy so those colours really pop and the artwork is nice too both inside and outside plus it comes with a lovely slipcase (is that why this is £3-£5 more than other 4K steelbooks) that has the title on it and also protects the steelbook.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom