Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sonic Stage Version 3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Roger Matthews, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Roger Matthews

Roger Matthews

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I hated Sonic Stage Version 2.3. Following the link published elsewhere in this forum I downloaded Sonic Stage Version 3 and it is so much better! I am now convinced that the NW-HD3 was the right choice! Try it, you won't regret it! :thumbsup:

2. cheesephantom

cheesephantom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    could this be the answer to my omgjbox.exe problems?

3. Roger Matthews

Roger Matthews

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    "could this be the answer to my omgjbox.exe problems?"

I wouldn't know but SS3 works fine for me. It sounds like my setup is similar to yours since I had an extensive collection of music (in .WMA form rather than MP3) collected from my own CDs via Microsoft Media Player 10. Both old & new music works well in SS3.

4. washout

washout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep sonic stage 3 is miles better, why use the european version anyway as songs are cheaper on the usa store just make sure that u have backed up your library using sonicstages own backup/restore tool, and ensure the hd is authorised with sony connect and registered on your account with them. go to music source connect music store- then account and create a new account and register. otherwise all manners of problems await.

5. bek

bek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did you have to re-transfer all of your music when you upgraded SS? I've read that you have to initialise the HD3, which sounds a bit weird.

6. esree_babe

esree_babe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can I download ss3??

Charlotte x

:lease:

7. malheuresement

malheuresement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had to, which was a little bit of hassle to be honest, but once I'd set the transfer going I had no problems and just came back after half an hour and all was fine.

8. malheuresement

malheuresement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try here

9. hughesy

hughesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    my pc at home is not connected to the web, i do most of my downloading at college/work and bring the stuff home (on my hd3).

This installer needs to be connected to the web to work. Does anyone know how to download the files and then extract them later, or anyone know where to get the full download?? I want SS3 :lease:

10. washout

washout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

i dont think there is a way unfortunately

11. hughesy

hughesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    no worries, thanks anyway, i'll wait til it's released in Europe :smashin:

12. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey thanks for the link, i just downloaded it, havent had chance to really use it yet but it looks like it could be a bit better than 2.3 at least

13. TommoK

TommoK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have they put a normaliser on the new version - so you can make the volume the same on all your tracks?

I've resolved the quietness issue using the tip on this site but it would be nice to have all tracks at same volume esp when using random play.

14. Blown383

Blown383

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Man.... Im still having problems with SS3. It always crashes and closes itself after scanning for files. What gives?

-B

15. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    One problem I've found is on Compilations I have the artist set to the actual artist and not various - however sonicstage 3 therefore makes all my compilation albums into 15-20 1 track albums rather than one compilation...?!

That needs fixing or am I doing something wrong?

This is via import from MP3 files.

16. diverse

diverse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had this with 1 album, i am not sure if it was ticked as compilation? you can view the album in view by album and change to compilation in properties after right clicking!

I noticed that the title and artist were a$$ about face so i deleted it and re-imported (2 min job)!

17. nasanu

nasanu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you guys uninstall sonicstage before installing the new version?

I am worried about losing my collection. I remember that when I upgraded from 2.1 to 2.3 sonicstage told me that my hd1 could not be used with this version and I had to format it to get it to work. I want 3 but I am scared that if I install it I will have to format my hd1 again.

18. sacd

sacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm having probles with SS3. When I import my music files into the library on some occasions SS3 puts various tracks into 1 song albums. I then have to move the song back into the proper album but it invarioubly ends up in the wrong place.

19. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep you do. it uninstalls the old one automaticaly when it installs 3.0 but it also wipes your info so you have to reinitialise your hd1/3 tbh if i were you id stick to 2.3 its not that much worse than 3.0 and the time saved reseting your hd1 will be very usefull.

20. nasanu

nasanu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I am putting my HD1 in for a free upgrade this week so I'll do it after thats done since all data will be wiped anyway.

But the files on my harddisk will remain right? It won't wipe them?

21. PlasmaIan

PlasmaIan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I thought the upgrade for HD1 was £15 ? Where is it free ?

22. daw182

daw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    we get it free in australia, due to the fact we are so backwards and don't have the hd3 here.

23. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    LOL! Thats funny.

24. nasanu

nasanu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think that makes us forward ;) I don't much like the HD3. Sure if I had never seen the HD1 I'd love it, but the looks of the HD1 and the usb cradle vs the less attractive and slightly bigger HD3 with no cradle... No contest for me. But thats another thread ;)

25. Hasselhoffia

Hasselhoffia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The amusing thing is the NW-HD3 is featured on the Sony New Zealand site. Heh heh! Think that about says it all really... :)

Incidently, version 3 is a heck of a lot more stable. 2.3 used to hang (or certainly appeared to hang) every few albums for me when trying to convert from WMA files and transfer to my HD3. Version 3.0 has so far done 1200 files overnight and is still going, and whats more, it has a progress display thats actually displaying its progress rather then not being refreshed like its predecessor. Rock on!

I will say though that when I rip a CD and eject it, it doesn't clear the track listing. and when you stick in the next CD for ripping, it doesn't update the track listing for the new cd. The only way I could 'clear it' was to exit SonicStage and restart it, which is really stupid. Had the same with v2.3. Is everyone getting this problem?

26. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    The hd1 is slightly smaller and doesnt have annoying rubbery ends, but the hd 3 has a white, blue, or pink backlight (depending on what colour you choose!), instead of boring old green! I also prefere the jogdial on the hd3. But thats just a matter of opinion. And, having owned both, the hd3 is really only marginly bigger than the hd1.

27. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what jogdial on the hd3? and what rubber ends :confused: thes no rubber on mine at all, and i cant see anything that coukd be called a jogdial really.

personaly i think the hd3 is a very very stylish piece of kit far nicer than the ipod for instance. i havent tried a hd1 to compare though.

28. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    The jogdial is (i think) the name of the main control bit in the centre, the bit with up-down-left-right-play-stop. On closer inspection it isnt actually rubber, but i was refering to the plastic bits at the top and bottom where the buttons (top) and hold switch etc. (bottom) are. On the hd1 this were metal, which was much sleeker.

29. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ahh right i thought that was what you meant, its not a jogdial though, a jog-dial is a dial not a button cluster, its hard to explain but look up the sony remote rm-mc40elk that has a jog dial you can see really clearly. i agree with you about the plastic stuff though, making it out of metal like the rest of the player would ahve given a far better impression imo.

30. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Oh right. I expect I just saw the words "nw-hd3" and "jog-dial" in the same sentence or sumthing!