sonic stage slow?

micks_address

Hi folks,

I'm trying to tidy up my music collection by renaming albums etc in sonic stage but afer i do a rename there's a pause for a few seconds before i can do anything else!... When i look at the task manager in xp the processor is running at 80% plus... anyone have any idea what sonic stage is trying to do?

Also is it possible to speed it up at all (apart from a pc updgrade)?

Cheers,
Mick

HMHB

Distinguished Member
How much RAM have you got in your computer ?

micks_address

Hi John,
512 ddr ram... processor is 2.5ghz celeron.. thought it should be ample... have over 5k tracks imported to sonic stage so maybe it gets slower with increased library size?

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I've never used Sonic Stage so can't comment on how it runs with large libraries, but I would have though that the specs of your computer are good enough ! Do you have plenty of space on your hard drive as well ?

micks_address

yep at least 30gb free... i think it might be just very processort hungry as thats whats getting hammered when i check task manager...

S

shadowritten

Have you upped your virtual memory? Got mine set to start at 2000MB and max at 4096MB. Seems to make a bit of a difference (and my CPU is slower than yours).

micks_address

will try that shawdow.. thanks mick

KiNeL

Found the same myself when I tried it but unless your tracks are in ATRAC you don't have to use SS so try something else.

I use JRiver Media Center http://www.jrmediacenter.com/ for all my MMedia stuff but I'm sure there are other programmes that will do the job, maybe Winamp will but I haven't used that in years.

Trending threads

Top Bottom