1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic Stage Ripping CDs

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Bacon_N_Cheese, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Bacon_N_Cheese

Bacon_N_Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have already ripped all my cds but I realized I had them in atrac3 with 128 bit. I want to change it to MP3 with the max bit rate. Is it possible without deleting all my cds and ripping them again?

2. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You would have to re-rip everything I am afraid :( If you encoded your cd's at 128kbps and then converted them to a different format at a higher bit rate you would end up with files that would have no audible difference. If anything, they would sound worse - but most like the same, definitely not any better.

3. Bacon_N_Cheese

Bacon_N_Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok but I would have to delete my old album right?

4. Beethovenian

Beethovenian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, you could keep the Atrac files if you have space and envision using them sometime (for the gapless playback, for instance, or for a flash player with less capacity). But if you plan to use only MP3, then it may not make sense keep two copies of each CD.

5. Bacon_N_Cheese

Bacon_N_Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so I think I am going to delete all my albums and re rip them at the highest bit rate and oin mp3 format. One last question, what sounds better, Atrac3+ or Mp3?