1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sonic stage reprograming?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by watchinthewheel, Jun 11, 2005.

1. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is anyone out there a programer? i was thinking, it wouldnt be illegal to decompile change and recompile ss would it? how hard could that be? if you can rip the source code out a half decent programmer should be able to understand it? im not a programmer but from what i can gather this shouldnt be THAT hard to to to make it a bit more stable? some simple improvements to the id3 tag settings and making the file changing a bit more user friendly etc should be easy enough?

as i say im not a programmer so im just putting this out there, what do you all think about it?

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,239
    as I said on the other thread, SS has never froze on me - and I've used 2.1, 2.3 and now 3.1

is it possible? get past security + keep DRM so Sony HD players still work ok

3. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i dont see why it would be that hard, compiling and decompiling dont change the actual program, as long as you dont mess with the actualy transfer parts im sure the user interface could be tweaked? i would try myself but as i say im not a programmer.

4. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,954
    I think you are hoping for a lot on a few different levels there mate, it will never be as easy as you think. There are all sorts of copyright matters to consider as well as all the DRM stuff built into programs these days, so unless SS is written to allow plug-ins I think you could be onto a loser here sadly.

5. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :( i was expecting that answer but hoping against hope for another, looks like we are stuck with ss a bit longer :thumbsdow

6. wilto

wilto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    its not too bad WW!

then again ive been blessed with the cracks so havent used SS for over a week.