1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic Stage Problems

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by wilko61, Aug 22, 2005.

1. wilko61

wilko61

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having had my HD5 for a week or two now I couldn't really see what all of the complaints about Sonic Stage were about. OK not the most innovative piece of software but it did its job for me with obvious limitations.

However over the last couple of days the software keeps freezing my computer, requiring at least two shutdown/ restarts. It has now got to the stage that this happens after vertually every CD import.

IT is not really my strong point so any tips or advice would be appreciated. I am inclined to reload the Software from the Sony disc but presumably I'd lose all the tracks I've imported thus far?

2. JB5

JB5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Use the Sony Backup tool first and your library should be safe, you will need to be online to restore your database but only takes ca. 1 minute according to the blurb (SS3.1).

Try reloading the software and see if that cures the problem. If not uninstall and then clean out the registry. (Google "registry cleaners" if you don't already have one) NB Cleaning the registry can have serious implications (PC will not boot etc.) if you delete the wrong entry, so BACK UP EVERYTHING beforehand.

Hope this helps.

3. IanPM

IanPM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You shouldn't loose your tracks if you re-install.

It is possible that this lockup is caused by a bad driver on your system, maybe consider updating your motherboard drivers...

4. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,981
    Have you loaded something else over the last couple of weeks that could be causing this ? Quite often if software has been running without problem for a while and then starts acting up, it's something else you've loaded that's caused it.

5. wilko61

wilko61

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'll try the first part, the seconds a bit too scary for me. Might get my IT guys on the case.

6. wilko61

wilko61

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Scary.... Sounds like a job for my IT guys, (see above)

7. wilko61

wilko61

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't loaded anything else since Sonic Stage and if I'm honest its been playing up a bit since day one, just seems to be happening more frequently.