1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sonic stage id3 tags

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by sohc, Jul 3, 2005.

1. sohc

sohc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok heres the situation.

i have a lot of mp3 "singles" that i want to organize into my hd5.

i think the best way to do this would be to edit the tags on all of them so that they are in the same album name- "singles".

the problem- sonicstage doesn't arrange my "singles" for me- even though they are all in the same directory on my computer. it would be a real pain in the ass to knit pick every single "single" within the crap load of mp3s i've got in sonic stage. i guess i could delete the full albums from sonicstage, do it that way...

i tried using jj mp3 renamer, no luck. it doesn't seem to work with batch tag renaming..or at least not for what im trying to do. anyone reccomend any other programs? will sonicstage have a problem reading the new tags? im guessing they will have to be re-imported huh.

thanks

2. jack190

jack190

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I’ve just got my HD5 and am now organising my MP3 to upload them to the player and I wanted to do the same thing with the ID tags, but was finding Sonic Stage a little slow.

But the weekend before I was sorting out my dads Ipod (Birthday present shhhhhhhh) and had itunes loaded to put on his favourite Cd’s.
    Itunes does all the id tag stuff really well, although I’ve not tried the importing into Sonic stage bit yet. But looking in Winamp its doing what I want it to.