Sonic Stage Help plz

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by kiko10, May 1, 2007.

1. kiko10

kiko10
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys its my first post here.
    i just bought the sony s205f mp3 sports player and its great so far. i got no problems with sonicstage either but im not as comfortable as when i used to use itunes.

but there is only this one thing i need help with.
    now i made 2 playlists lets say All and running.
    so i got all my songs in ALL and some of them in running.
    today i was adding 2 songs in the ALL playlist and i had 800mb free memory. then i added the same songs to the Running playlist and my memory got to like 790 or something like that. now why did the memory decrease since the song is already on the mp3 player? do i have the song twice now on the player??

and also is there any way i could view all the songs i have on the mp3 player. i cant seem to know how as all i have is the playlists.

thanks

2. JWALKR

JWALKR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I guess its like having 2 identical cars... and you store them in 2 garages. So your running and ALL playlists will copy it twice. Some of my playlists are a cappella, Barbershop, Rock and stuff but yea get used to SS and you'll see.

3. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Do you have to create a playlist for ALL? Can you not just transfer them to the device as normal and only have one playlist: RUNNING?

That way each song should only be on once - you can play the running by navigating to playlists and play all by just going to tracks.

I'm not familiar with the s205f so forgive me if I've missed a point somewhere but if it's like other Sony players I have used it should work like that.

4. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,161
    The playlist will take up memory as well so expect it to go down a little, imagine a playlist on the pc, the file that tells the order etc, still takes up memory. Yeh as above really why not have all songs in the main library then one playlist for running, instead of two playlists.

edit: just read you dont know how to view all songs, sorry. I think that if you do a straight copy from left to right (pc to player) in sonicstage of all your songs it should let you view all songs by album, artist etc. Is it not letting you do this?, again im not familiar with that particular sony player.

5. kiko10

kiko10
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply guys.

well i think its a good idea only making 1 playlist but i just got the player so in the next days ill be making new playlists. i made this post because if i continue making playlists (i usually make 5) with some songs being on several playlists i will run out of memory fast and i wont be able to add more songs (as its only 2gb). so i wanted to know if i was doing something wrong or thats just how SS works.
    i got like 150 songs atm and i only got like 700mb free. and thats only with 2 playlists. thanks