1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic Stage CONSTANT crashing

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by MakeMyDay, Mar 24, 2005.

1. MakeMyDay

MakeMyDay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I got my HD3 today. Amazing piece of hardware. So small it makes me want to eat it :eek:.

Notice that I said Hardware. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH SONICSTAGE?

I can't tranfer my music to it. It just says " Unable to transfer tracks" and stops at a random track every time.

And why don't the equalizer settings work with MP3 files?

And why does converting MP3's or ATRAC take so long on a AMD 3200+ with 1,2GB of RAM.

Joking aside , I am a very experienced user , I have tried anything I can think of ( formating the HD3 , shutting down ALL unneeded process etc etc) and still I can't transfer my music.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

What is Sony thinking? That it is going to trick people into ATRAC by offering a cripled MP3 support that forces you to use Atrac if you want to use equalizer settings?

Are we beeing serious here?

If nobody can offer advice then this thing goes back first thing tommorow.

I can't belive I am trying 3 hours now to transfer my music onto the player.

Sorry for the rant but I am ****** because I love the hardware but it isn't much use without my music on it:(

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,757
    Have you got the latest version of the software ? I'm just wondering if there are any patches or new versions available from Sony.

3. Hasselhoffia

Hasselhoffia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should be able to get Sonicstage to transfer at least some tracks to the player, but v2.3 does seem to crash a heck of a lot for some people. Sonicstage v3 seems much more stable if you can get away with the US version (Europe version hopefully not far away).

4. robpok

robpok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sonicstage v 2.3 crashed a couple of time, but I found the time taken to encode and transfer music to the HD3 to be one of the worst problems with it.