1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic Stage back-up

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by bobbygee, Aug 25, 2005.

1. bobbygee

bobbygee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've spent the last couple of weeks loading CDs on to my laptop then transferring them to my HD5 using Sonic Stage. The laptop hard drive is getting pretty full and I'd like to back-up what I've done so far (on the offchance that I lose/break the HD5) to CDs then delete from the laptop.

Sonic Stage has it's own back-up tool but this only seems to work if you are backing-up all the files to one place, whereas I will need to use quite a few CDs for the volume of music I'm backing-up.

I tried the 'create an Atrac CD' function (in SS/transfer) and it worked, in the sense that the files transferred to CD. Sonic Stage would not recognise the tracks when I tried to reimport them though, asking me to insert an audio CD.

Is there any way to back-up songs to CD in a format that SS will recognise when you try to reimport?

I'd be grateful for any advice,

Cheers...

2. myepitome

myepitome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In mp3 format?

3. Anonyrat

Anonyrat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately SS doesn't recognise DVD's which would be good to burn MP3's to.

After all my loading of CD's I became paranoid after all the work involved. So I
    a) Got a USB external HD case and stuck in an old 40gb drive and backed up all the mp3 folders
    b) burnt DVD's of all the mp3's about 60 per DVD - this can also be used in the DVD player attached to the TV - bonus
    c) Ran the SS backup to a 200gb backup drive
    d) Backup up my C drive using Ghost

Told you I was paranoid.

4. Beethovenian

Beethovenian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The best option would be to re-rip (it sucks, I know) without copy protection, which you can do now with SonicStage 3.2. Then you can copy your files to DVDs and reimport them at any point. If you do it gradually, it's not that bad, to be honest. If you edited your tags, SonicStage has them already, so it's just a matter of popping in the CD and hitting copy. Unfortunately, there's no way to remove DRM from files you already ripped.