1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sonic stage album order

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by watchinthewheel, Apr 23, 2005.

1. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone know if there is a way to make ss3.0 display the music on the hd3 in a reasonble order, ie alphabetical by artist? when i first put my music on it did this automaticaly but when i add anything new it goes straigt to the bottom of the list. i can maualy drag it up the list but it takes AGES to get to the top its so annoying when you like bands that start with A. is there any way to do this automaticaly that you guys know of?

a solution to this or any advice would be great, thanks.

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    If u have mouse with scroll wheel, what I do is left click and hold down, on album once, so its selected. Then still holding left mouse button on selected album, with other hand use scroll wheel 2 go 2 top of list quickly.

other than this, I don't think theres a lot u can do

U listening Sony? Firmware update...

3. djarend

djarend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, this is something which i haTE TO, i also want it in alphabetical order, and i hope there is a way to do it automatically, drag and drop is too musch work for me

4. scottydog

scottydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It DOES put things in automatic alphabetical artist order for me on the HD3 in 'Artist' view. Its in alpha order by album name in 'Album' view. Group view however is all over the place and I've abandoned using it except for playlists. In 'Groups' view (and on SonicStage) it does show things in the order I transfer things on to it unless you drag them into order on SS. As I said I find Groups totally useless for my needs so I'm dragging playlists into alpha order but thats all. I'm sure I could use groups better but its way too time consuming.